Blame point!

I have found I have become a “Blame Point” in my family, because no one else ever wanted to take the lead, I understand why this has happened and the shortcomings that has led to this point, has anyone else been a blame point? they are great folks so, being a “Beating Stick” ain’t that bad really. :grin:

I never get the blame because no one ever listens to me.

1 Like

No, rather the opposite.They appreciate what I’ve done and still do.

1 Like

Are you sure about the great folks bit :wink:

But no I’ve never been falsely accused by my loved ones :joy:

Yeah, there comes a time to back off from perfectionism :icon_wink:

If you take on the decisions, you get this. Just have to accept it or opt out of being that guy :rage:

An example:

A few years ago Mum’s roof was leaking. I had a couple of people in to look at it and they all said she need the roof done

I looked into it and the roof hadn’t been done for 50 years. I looked at the survey when they bought the house twenty years ago it said the roof would need doing. I had a look and could see dad had done some DIY repairs. So I got some estimates and went for an average price one, partly because they were established company with a good reputation and they were friendly and polite to mum, which was important because they’d be there a while and she needed to be comfortable with them

All went well, new roof fine, on within a week

BUT, both my mum and my brother maintained that it didn’t really need doing and blamed me for having it done ( 50 year old roof with water pouring through!)

They weren’t horrible about it, but neither of them wanted to do anything to get it repaired or replaced themselves and they kept finding fault with it, too expensive, they saw me coming, they didn’t clear up properly, they made a fortune on the old tiles (he gave me a reduction for letting him sell the old tiles)

8 years on, with my mum gone, my brother still has a little whinge about it!

If the roof tiles were concrete, then they last on average 50yrs. Natural slate can double that to around 100yrs, but before then the nails will start to fail and slate slippage will be noticed.

1 Like