Black Friday Sales - What are you hoping goes on sale?

I’ve decided not to get one, I’ve read online, that the roast chicken comes out dry, that’s probably all I’d use it for, I’m not into all this precooked food, that you just stick into the oven or air fryer.

I love my oven, will just use it wisely when I cook, as in cooking in batches, then freeze…my freezer is full of homemade food…I need to eat that first…I just love to cook, haven’t you noticed…:joy::sweat_smile:

Sorry I’m getting carried away…I’m off topic.:rofl::open_mouth:

I cook from scratch…I may look for a robot hoover, I was going to buy one ages ago, then decided not to…I’m a very indecisive person I’m afraid.at times.

1 Like

Maybe you could use some sort of proxy and just use iPlayer :081:

That’s something I heard too - that food comes out dry. I also don’t like how many of them are teflon coated!!

Have you thought about selling them? Lots of people prefer home cooked food nowadays, you could put an advert in your front window :003:

You can often pick up some bargains at online shops like JL and Amazon :smiley:

1 Like

A washing machine

2 Likes

Another thing I would like, is a sectional,I’ve been watching them go down in price on Wayfair…I may wait until January sales…

1 Like

Looking for a Shark vacuum cleaner.

1 Like

Sorry,but i think Black Friday is total bull.
A couple of years ago,we went to look for a large fridge,thought we would wait until B/Friday and the price was higher by £25.
If it sounds too good to be true,it is because it is.

3 Likes

I just bought a small sewing machine and now I’m thinking I should have waited to see if it went on sale, doh! never mind. Usually, I don’t really bother with sales unless I really need something. Nothing is a bargain if you don’t actually need it.

1 Like

We gave up roasting a whole chicken decades ago.

We prefer the legs, complete, drumstick with thigh attached. Make sure the skin is not broken, don’t add salt as it dries things out, roast slowly. We get ours from the Polish shop, big & tasty.

Black Fridays don’t matter … to me. I’ve got all I want, which ain’t much.

1 Like

Just a little grumble here about the sudden influx of BF emails I have been receiving today. From places I haven’t even used for the past year, or perhaps bought one item from. But mostly from Amazon etc.

It doesn’t start for another week supposedly.

1 Like

Another week to wait?
I’m almost overwhelmed with anticipation.

2 Likes

Surely Black Fridays Matter.

1 Like

It’s a marketing gimmick

1 Like

It’s a play on words.

2 Likes

All the seasonal celebrations are marketing gimmicks these days.

2 Likes

Sounds a little complicated. I looked it up. Only certain VPNs work.

Plus I don’t want to be an outlaw in the UK. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In my quote, I meant Britbox which plays mostly BBC stuff. Britbox just started their Black Friday special. It’s $1.99 for 2 months, regularly $7.99/mo. Lots of terms and conditions. I’m thinking about it, but at this point, I’m leaning toward taking a pass. Nothing for Acorn TV yet.

1 Like

Televisions

My mother bought a Ninja brand fryer off Amazon. Best purchase in a long time. They’re incredible. I guess I should be embarrassed being 47yo and still living with my mom, but she needs me since the old died a while back.

1 Like

According to this evening’s news the Black Friday sales have overtaken the Boxing Day sales as the biggest sales of the year.

Boxing Day sales appeal to 30% of the population whereas 32% attend the Black Friday Sales, not bad for a country that has absolutely no idea why it is called a Black Friday Sale.

I just saw the announcement for a fountain pen sale at Goulet pens. I’m sorely tempted. They haven’t had a Black Friday sale in some years due to covid.

Someone told me today that HBO Max had a Black Friday special for 3 months for $1.99/mo. I couldn’t resist. Am now watching HBO Max.