Black Friday Sales - What are you hoping goes on sale?

With the Black Friday sales just around the corner, is there anything you’re hoping might go on sale? :101:

Air friers for a start.

3 Likes

I went the opposite route and just got an A-rated oven instead :lol: I’m sure there will be plenty of air-fryers on sale tho, they seem to be in demand right now!

Personally I am hoping JL put this on offer:

Currently £60:
https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-cast-iron-shallow-casserole-31cm/p4055687

As much as I love my Le Crueset kit I don’t think their equivalent is worth 4 times as much! JL say they offer a lifetime warranty as well so there doesn’t seem to be much in it. The Le Crueset are usually thinner (better manufacturing) so would heat up quicker and are probably a little tougher, but I’m not sure that justifies 4 times the price.

I have JL vouchers to use up so if this goes on sale for £50 it’ll be worth it!

Sainsburys do one for £45, but it only has a one year warranty.

4 Likes

I’ll agree with that. We’ve been keeping our eye out for something like that, but never been able to justify the exorbitant price of the real McCoy.

1 Like

Yeah they have shot up in price a lot. I paid £56 for one of these but they are £126 now!!! :icon_eek: I paid about £140 for my casserole dish, but they are £309 now! It’s crazy!

(They are brilliant tho, and will last a lifetime if looked after)

Jeepers creepers.

We bought a cheapo version in a French market about 28 years ago while on holiday. Cost about £15 IIRC, and lasted a decade before the enamel flaked off and made it unviable.

1 Like

Show off, with your “ A” rated oven,:joy::sweat_smile:

I dunno, maybe an Air Fryer, I was looking at them in Robert Dyas, they are so tiny…i do love my oven, but, not since the darn electricity prices went up!..:open_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve been sorting out mum’s house and the photos so I’m after a nice digital photo frame I can put them all on

1 Like

I don’t bother with black Friday sales, only a couple of shops here anyway. If I want shops then I have to drive 110 miles down to Inverness, then all the way back again after. Can’t be bothered. I buy off Ebay all year anyway, if I want something I can usually get it there.

1 Like

It’s only a cheap one Pauline! Good deal tho! :lol:

Let us know how you get on with the air fryer!

Amazon might have one on offer in the sales - they usually do on a lot of digital items :smiley:

Order online? I do most of my shopping online now - can’t even remember the last time I went in to a shop! :lol:

Btw is that you in your avatar photo? You look about 20!! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It was taken last year lol, I’m blessed with really good skin. Also I don’t dress my age. That’s my sons addidas hoodie lol.

2 Likes

I’m hoping that the streaming subscription for Acorn TV and/or BBC will go on sale. People have told me they were on sale last year.

My online library service has shows from both these services but it’s limited how much I can watch.

1 Like

Clydes?..as in Clydesdales?

1 Like

Aye, they belong to my OH. He rescued them several years ago.

2 Likes

Do Black Friday Sales matter? :icon_wink:

1 Like

I’ve decided not to get one, I’ve read online, that the roast chicken comes out dry, that’s probably all I’d use it for, I’m not into all this precooked food, that you just stick into the oven or air fryer.

I love my oven, will just use it wisely when I cook, as in cooking in batches, then freeze…my freezer is full of homemade food…I need to eat that first…I just love to cook, haven’t you noticed…:joy::sweat_smile:

Sorry I’m getting carried away…I’m off topic.:rofl::open_mouth:

I cook from scratch…I may look for a robot hoover, I was going to buy one ages ago, then decided not to…I’m a very indecisive person I’m afraid.at times.

1 Like

Maybe you could use some sort of proxy and just use iPlayer :081:

That’s something I heard too - that food comes out dry. I also don’t like how many of them are teflon coated!!

Have you thought about selling them? Lots of people prefer home cooked food nowadays, you could put an advert in your front window :003:

You can often pick up some bargains at online shops like JL and Amazon :smiley:

1 Like

A washing machine

2 Likes

Another thing I would like, is a sectional,I’ve been watching them go down in price on Wayfair…I may wait until January sales…

1 Like

Looking for a Shark vacuum cleaner.

1 Like