Bird feeders, front garden

Because I hadn’t fed the garden birds for a long time, due to the rats & next door but one had put feeders on their front garden tree I thought, what a good idea & have done the same. Never thought of using the front garden tree before. Taken through double glazed window.

I really need to clean that window before I try this again too. :grinning:

8 Likes

Aah, that’s nice, Tiff. I do like to see the little birds happily feeding, instead of just the big fat pigeons and Magpies that I get lately!

1 Like

What amazing pictures Tiffs!

1 Like

The Rats will still get up there, if they are hungry Tiffany.

We stopped feeding the birds because of rats.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies.

They have to find them first, but I have never seen rats in the front only in the back gardens. I missed taking pics of the birds.

Great pics, @Tiffany … what a good idea of putting the feeders out in the front garden. :+1:

1 Like

Brilliant photos - happy looking birds!

1 Like

Thanks to both of you for your replies. The Magnolia in the front garden makes a good place to hang feeders. It was only when my next door but one neighbours started doing it on the tree in their front garden that it gave me the idea. :grinning:

I had to buy a new feeder this morning because Cyril the squirrel had demolished one trying to get the last of the sunflower seed hearts out of it.

1 Like

Lovely pics, Tiff, and happy birds by the looks of it. :+1:

1 Like

Those pics are lovely - I’m impressed you got such good clear shots from indoors, taken through the windows - you must keep your windows clean and polished, inside and out! :+1:

1 Like

What is the feed? It looks like foam but obviously isn’t. Just curious.

1 Like

Lovely, well done on your idea. I would miss my bird visitors especially the wee Robin. He often flies down when I’m putting out the washing and he cheeps away to me hoping for an extra titbit.

1 Like

A squirrel has been chewing one of mine too, but I haven’t caught it doing it yet.

Thank you, Mups.

I cleaned the windows there specially so I could focus on the feeders, before they were filthy. :grinning: :grinning:

The feed is fat sticks, the squirrel has broken that now, will have to get another, I didn’t see it do that either, found the feeder on the ground.

We have a Greenfinch as well, not seen those here for years.

1 Like