Bill Gates's younger Russian 'lover' and her links to notorious Kremlin spy Anna Chapman

This week, a world exclusive investigation by the Daily Mail has uncovered a potentially disturbing and unexplained link between Gates’s erstwhile Russian ‘lover’ and Kremlin spook Chapman.

While there is no evidence of any wrong-doing on Antonova’s part, it seems to be a connection which raises serious questions for Gates and, of course, for the California-based Russian herself.

Despite repeated approaches this week, it’s still not known whether the 67-year-old Microsoft boss had any knowledge of any potential link between Antonova and Chapman, daughter of a former KGB officer.

The strawberry blonde on the right is Russian bridge player Mila Antonova, the woman alleged this week to have been the former lover of billionaire Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates — as well as an associate and financial beneficiary of the late financier and convicted sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein.

What makes this photograph sensational, however, is the presence of the flame-haired woman on the left. She is none other than notorious Moscow spy Anna Chapman.

At the time of his brief ‘relationship’ with Antonova, who is nearly 30 years his junior, father-of-three Gates was still married to his former wife, Melinda.

Registered sex offender Epstein wanted Gates to be an ‘anchor donor’ in a multi- billion dollar global charitable fund he planned to set up, to camouflage his sordid private life, and increase his influence.

The pair had more than half a dozen meetings and Gates once flew on Epstein’s private jet, known as the ‘Lolita Express’. He has since said he regrets meeting with the disgraced billionaire financier, who apparently killed himself in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

Gates’s spokeswoman has insisted any meetings were ‘solely for philanthropic purposes’. Gates ultimately declined to join Epstein’s charitable fund, and the project did not go ahead.

Even so, the question remains: if Epstein knew about the alleged affair — and later made sure Gates knew that he knew — did he also know about Antonova’s apparent links to Chapman?

Probably … :thinking:

That’s a lot of reaching there. Gates may have had a fling with a woman who may have been friends with a spy. And the dead Epstein may have known about it.

Gates may not be an angel but that’s a lot of smoke without a lot of substance. I don’t buy the ‘if there’s smoke there’s fire’ theory here. The Daily Mail is good at manufacturing smoke.

This looks a lot like just another made up Mail on Line bit of gossip. It has a high profile bloke behaving badly (long time ago), it sprays the story with doubtful notions of espionage and sex trafficking. Both of which are cobblers in this context. Anna Chapman was deported back to Russia in 2010 but her spying was very low key, very minor and I’ve found no details on exactly what secrets she sent to Russia, if any. The other woman might have jumped Gates’ bones but that is barely a story as it long, long ago.
No, it is much more that the Mail likes to bash Gates because he is rich but very generous with his wealth. He is smart, opinionated and outspoken on many world issues. So the Mail and many conspiracy theorists like to bash him. Strewth, the mention of knowing Epstein confirms that - somehow they fail to mention all the hundreds of others who knew Epstein.

Well, the story is being carried by much of the world’s online news media, from the Wall Street Journal to the Sun … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Was it this WSJ article? It’s paywalled, and it has a different spin, making Gates look more like a potential victim of blackmail.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one.

The thrust of the article is irrelevant to my comment, which was a reply to the comments that only the Daily Mail was covering the story - that’s patently not true.

lol, a fascinating comment. /s One that could be said of almost any political issue, even with diametrically opposed headlines.

I’m not the one making the disparaging comments about the linked source:

OK, so the WSJ and other outlets had already covered this “world exclusive”. I accept they did not make it up. But neither did they investigate it. Rather they copied it and re-packaged it as about spying and getting jiggy with a woman half his age. Not made up but still dismal journalism.

Agreed. I would have considered the WSJ headline more than the Daily Mail, but they weren’t making the same implications in their headline.