Biden Upsets The French LOL

My take is that the cancellation of the subs contract was less aimed at the French but became necessary in view of the Chinese threat in the Pacific region.

Hi

The French have come in for a lot of stick and abuse from the more avid UK Media and they have an election soon.

This may dictate what they do next.

Deservedly so because some of their words directed towards Britain have been pretty apalling recently.

Sir John Redwood says it as it is in his diary blog today:
https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2021/09/19/aukus-alliance/

I don’t know what all the fuss is about anyway, because it was alwaysperfectly obvious that France coudn’t be involved.
Just imagine what the group would be called combing F and AUKUS.
:rofl:

1 Like

Hi

Really?

Well the reality is this.

We cannot operate our Carrier Defense Squadrons without French help.

Our anti aircraft and anti missile destroyers are useless.

Our destroyers cannot operate in warm waters.

We rely on French bases over there to supply us.

The UK has no Militarily Surveillance Satellites, France has.

France has an Independent Nuclear Force, the UK does not.

We are totally dependant on the USA for our missiles.

We cannot even service the missiles or fire control systems ourselves.

We are simply a patsy for the USA.

China and Russia are very wary of France, they know retaliation will be instant and nasty.

They also know that in the event of a first Exchange the UK will be the target.

The USA will protect itself, not us.

The reality speaks volumes.

The UK has no Land Based anti Ballistic Missile Systems.

Israel has, it has the very effective Iron Dome System, supplied by the USA to them but not us.

That is the reality of the situation.

Yes really.
Personally I would rather go with what’s happening and the reality of the here and now as seen by Sir John Redwood and many others than go with the opinion of a disgruntled faceless person on an anonymous internet forum.

If somebody really just wants to be disgruntled that’s fine as is having a different opinion, but IMHO life is too short to devote any more of it in grumbling ineffectually.

1 Like

Turns out Macron can’t recall his ambassadors from Australia and USA now because his foreign policy is governed by the EU and they don’t support it :lol:

You couldn’t make this up.

I always thought, when you leave a Club, the first thing to do is cancel your Subs.

2 Likes