Biden and the Coronation

So if Biden’s not coming to King Charles’ coronation, is that an insult?

Here’s the revolting Dan Wooton trying to whip up the hate and xenophobia over it!

But that’s what he, GB news, the Righties and Brexiters thrive on, isn’t it? :rofl:

Biden is sending his missus, and maybe a proxy, possibly Kamala Harris?

But why isn’t he coming?

Too old? Well he thinks he’ll make it to Northern Ireland

Hates Brits? Possibly, he identifies as Irish

Can’t be bothered? possibly, it’s not such a big event internationally as some Brits like to think!

And we aren’t of so much importance internationally since Brexit

I think he might be trying to distance himself from the ‘special’ buddy buddy relationship between Trump and Johnson and any potential trade agreement

Just imagine how Trump would have showed off if he were invited, and made it all about him :face_vomiting:. At least we’ve been spared that!

Doesn’t look like a snub from here.

Biden was just at the Queen’s funeral a couple months ago.

Wait, I can’t tell if the article in the OP is a joke. I laughed a couple times. Trump would move heaven and earth to be at the coronation? Well maybe, if he wasn’t so busy get indicted.

1 Like

Can’t blame Biden for staying home.
It’s a long journey and a hour + sitting on a hard chair in the Abbey to see an elderly gent pop on a crown hmm
It’s not got glamour …It’s dreary old Charles and Camilla

Bet you’ve guessed I’m also giving it a miss :sunglasses:

1 Like

A lot of us think Dan Wootton is a joke, but no, he’s deadly serious sadly :rage:

That’s just how stupid he really is!

1 Like

No, I don’t blame him either!

1 Like

Another example of a nasty media beat-up -trying to make something from nothing. Dan Wootton has a nasty mind and mouth.

No US President has ever attended a Coronation before - and has a U.K. monarch ever attended a U.S. Inauguration? - probably not.
I don’t think crowned heads of Europe used to attend Coronations of the monarchs of other nations either, did they?

3 Likes

That would be hilarious . . . and so confusing. The inauguration is the ceremonial transfer of power from one President to the next.

Imagine the Queen attending the inauguration from Obama to Trump.

1 Like

don’t think we are invited, and since its now a bank holiday, sit in the garden will be more exciting

2 Likes

Daily Mail ?Say no more.

1 Like

Alas, I too will be snubbing King Charlie’s coronation as I will be washing my hair that day.

I am sure Biden is even busier than me.

1 Like

Just thank goodness you’re not bald ! :wink:

1 Like

He might mean that he’s put it in the washing machine

2 Likes

See, you look after yer kids for all those years, then, send them out into the big wide world and this is the sort of treatment, you get in return :icon_wink:

1 Like

Hi

I am glad to see that so many on here have not lost their sense of humour.

It would be difficult to think of a worse way to spend the day.

3 Likes

Could be worse. USA could have sent Donald.

1 Like

He would more than likely forget who`s Coronation it is anyway :roll_eyes:
No loss imo.

1 Like

Biden supports the IRA he isn’t welcome here anyway.