Better Late Than Never? Do you know One whose Timekeeping is Always Bad?

It seems to be built in, to some people, that appointments don’t need to be kept?

I have one Daughter who calls me, quite often to arrange a meeting somewhere, and I’ve become so used to her turning up late that I always adjust the agreed time, just like setting Summer Time on a clock.

If she says 1 PM, I always reset my thing to 1:30 PM, if you see what I mean.

She’s only been doing it for 50 years.

Hang on, though, One of my other offspring, is like me, always quite early!

If we’re going anywhere we factor all of the possible delays in, and, very often end up hanging around because we get there far too early!

I know that timeliness is next to Godliness, but not everyone seems to believe in that!

How about you?

Always early I hate being late and rushed I organise my day for the time. I think it’s extremely rude to be late

3 Likes

Drives me up the wall when people are late .
They are saying my time is more important than yours.

3 Likes

May I borrow that one, Muddy?

Always try to arrive on time or slightly early. Arriving late shows contempt IMHO unless you have a damned good reason like being in a car accident.

1 Like

I am the type of person who prefers to arrive at least 15 minutes early for a medical or dentist appointment. I don’t mind checking in early and sitting in the waiting room until it’s my turn.

For work appointments or social events, I don’t like turning up too early and inconveniencing anybody but I’d rather give myself extra travelling time in case of delays, get there a bit early and wait in the car for a while, rather than be late.

2 Likes

I try be in time for friends but appointments for hospital, doctors, dentist I am.usuly early.

I have a friend who rarely turns up on time but it’s only 5 minutes or so late so it doesn’t bother me, I just sit and play on my phone till she gets there

Of course :slight_smile:

Excluding me,everyone in Australia.

1 Like

My daughter is exactly the same but my youngest son used to cut everything to the last minute. He is good now - being in the Navy has improved his time keeping no end. My daughter on the other hand is still always late.

I am a stickler for punctuality … and I do not hang around. If people cannot be bothered to be on time then why should I bother to wait.

1 Like

I am always on time as well - earlier than on time in most cases. I do wait for a little bit though, say 10 mins or so because I always think something might have happened which caused them to be late. I would be a bit annoyed though if it was just tardiness.

1 Like

I am always on time,i think it`s ignorant to be late,we use time for a reason.
If i am wating for someone to meet up and they are more than 10 minutes late i walk.

2 Likes

If I’m meeting friends for lunch somewhere, I always allow lots of time, to avoid being late, and then I’ll wait in the car before actually going in to meet them a few minutes before the appointed time. For medical or dental appointments, I always turn up around 10-15 minutes early.

Mr B, on the other other, only ever allows the minimum time necessary to get somewhere, and it always sets my nerves on edge. He’s not often actually late, but he’ll scrape in by the skin of his teeth. I never understand it - I mean, we’re retired, for heaven’s sake, we have all the time in the world, so why not just give yourself a bit extra time to avoid the stress?

3 Likes

As a strict appointment keeper, I’ve never been late for any prearranged meeting of any description. My four daughters are also good time keepers, although my youngest will often take it to the exact time arriving in a flustered manner. My wife also is a strict keeper and maybe its an age thing where punctuality was instilled into each of us from an early age.

1 Like

Same here, if an appointment says say 3pm then its 3pm not 5 past or later .

3 Likes