Being a first time parent, anxiety is a constant

Looking out for the Magpie chicks over the previous few days.
Oh, the worry. :grimacing:
Today I was watching one of the fledgelings on the road verge. I live on a cul-de-sac so not really much danger.
As I am watching, fledge starts walking towards the main road. Constant traffic. :scream: :face_with_peeking_eye:
I walked up the road to head it off and redirect lil fledge back towards safety. Staying a good distance away, I was able to cajole him to walking back towards the dead end of the cul-de-sac. There is a grassed area off to the side.
After about 10 minutes of very slowly guiding it away from immediate danger, having moved about 40 meters from the main road, I left it to its own devices. Mum was there, looking out for fledge, though I am not sure she would have been able to prevent a catastrophe if lil one had decided to venture onto the busy road.
I will be returning in about 30 minutes. Hopefully I will not see the result of a coming together of fledgeling and motor vehicle.
Oh, the worry. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yes,I can see you being concerned ,they are part of your family.
This time of year here we start seeing lines of ducklings following their parents across busy roads.It’s always relief when you see them get to the other side. :grinning:

1 Like

Oh the worry of it all. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bet the Foxes and the like don’t agree :smile:

1 Like

There are red foxes in the area. Notably in Waverley Park, about 2km away from me.

Modern day traffic and the like are a predators Deliveroo :icon_wink:

1 Like