Bear enters house and helps herself to frozen lasagne

Bear enters house and helps herself to frozen lasagne - BBC News (link for video)

Surveillance video shows the moment a bear entered a Connecticut home looking for lunch. The furry burglar helped herself to some lasagne before using the freezer door as a step to climb out of the kitchen window.

Funny … but scary … :scream:

She’ll be back now that she knows where to get a free lunch … :105:

1 Like

So funny…cheeky thing

1 Like

She could have shut the freezer door after herself……:rofl:

2 Likes

It’s funny but I am terrified of bears .

1 Like

Actually, bears have a place deep in the woods where they can warm up frozen food…
It’s called “Bear Grills”

4 Likes

It’s weird just because they look cute and like Yogi people aren’t as terrified of them as they should be, they’re deadly killers! Especially in the US, they’re really casual about it :scream:

This would have kept me indoors for the rest of our lives if it happened to me :grimacing:

1 Like

Only you would think of that. :grin:

2 Likes

The parents need a brain transplant .

1 Like

I think the couple in that video were doing all the things that bear experts advise you to do if you are being followed by a bear.
Once the bear has taken an interest in you and started following you like that, it’s too late to try to slip away quietly.
The advice is to turn around and make yourself look bigger by waving your arms above your head and shout loudly at the bear and clap your hands, make loud noises - don’t run or scream or act like a prey animal.

They seemed to be following all that advice - fortunately for them, it worked and the bear sloped off! I bet they were scared - I would have been!

2 Likes

For sure he/she will be back,Arnie eat your heart out.

1 Like

They seemed well up on what to do, the little boy even knew about “playing dead” as a last resort! I wonder if that ever works? But it is standard advice :scream:

Staying Safe Around Bears - Bears (U.S. National Park Service).

I especially liked their piece of advice….

“try to fight back using any object available!”

Me, I would have pooped myself long before that stage!

Pepper spray
Bears have super sensitive noses

2 Likes

Poor little fella!

How do think he feels knowing that Muddy’s all tooled up?

Mary had a little Lamb…
She also had a Bear…
I’ve often seen her little Lamb…
But never seen her Bear!
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Giggle!
:grin:

Groan !

If those people have enough money to have security cameras like that, I’m sure they can figure out how to keep out a bear. :bear:

Are they? Depends on where you live, I guess. I’ve never seen a bear outside of a zoo.

2 Likes

Indeed … and there’s plenty of advice:

… but if a bear’s really hungry … :scream_cat:

Bears are one of the many animals that have been mistreated by humans over the years.

Especially in Asia on the terrible bile farms .