Beagles saved from drug trials

Hard to believe that testing on animals is still going on - kept quiet for obvious reasons. Envigo, an animal breeding farm bred beagles solely for the purpose of being experimented on, and has now been shut down and 4000 dogs rescued. These dogs were left in cages and had no social contact with other dogs or humans. Homes are being sought for these poor animals.

Envigo is a US based company, and they have a branch of the company in the UK doing exactly the same thing. Despicable.

2 Likes

There are pictures of the puppies everywhere. So cute!

Oh shame.
Poor things .

I really don’t see the point in animal experiments. We don’t share the same DNA at all, and our reactions to meds are different, Human trials for human medication. Anyway, I am so glad these pups were rescued and I hope they all have happy lives now! :dog:

1 Like

You know how I feel about animals, Judd, so you can imagine my feelings about dogs being abused in this way, because that is what it is - abuse.

How in this day and age do such places get away with it?
How relevant are test results even, when tested on a different species altogether?

After a life of being locked up, injected with unsafe substances, having harmful chemicals dripped into their eyes, being fed poisons, having body parts amputated, kept in solitary, and never having any love or homelife - then what?
The majority are then killed and another innocent, blameless puppy begins a life of torture.
I hate it, and seriously question the personality of anyone who can deliberately harm these animals as a daily job. He certainly would not be coming home to me every night.

1 Like

Have you read The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams ?

1 Like

That book rings a bell, Muddy, but not sure why. Dont think I read it, but perhaps something to put in my letter to Santa this year. :slightly_smiling_face:

The author wrote Watership Down .

1 Like