Beach Handball and Bikini's

The Norwegian Handball team (Ladies) have been fined the equivalent £1295 for not wearing bikini’s, but wearing shorts instead! I think that the Men’s team should also be fined for not wearing bikini’s…:shock:

1 Like

Or the men could wear mankinis :smiley:

Oh that’s a wonderful idea Chillie! :smiley:

First we have that news item, then we have another news item about what people should be wearing. What is wrong with this country when others are telling people what they should and should not be wearing!

It’s like a while back schoolgirls were being told something about their uniforms, can’t remember exactly what it was, but to make a point the boys then came into school wearing skirts!

Not quite the same as the news item from a while back I was thinking of but another more recent one, equally as ridiculous:

I know, Baz…its getting ridiculous now! The sexism is incredibly outdated! people should wear what they feel comfortable in to perform sports (or even everyday life)…its not a fashion parade for goodness sake! Its like the women who get sacked for not wearing high heels to work…imagine having to walk on tiptoes all day! :roll:

Makes note in diary ‘had a wonderful idea’ :slight_smile:

I’m still recovering from the womens’ beach volley ball games at the Olympics.

Just keep it to an idea Chillie…don’t want to see any photos of you trying it out! :shock: :twisted:

Why ever not :-D:-D

Because they are lime green from what I see, and I’m not a fan… :shock:

What are lime green? The mankinis? :smiley:

Yes, I googled them…all I see are lime green ones. Horrible colour :shock:

Haha you googled them but wouldn’t let me send a picture :smiley:

All that sand up the chuff/klunge must be a huge detraction :shock: … ;-):-D:lol:

This sort of ‘uniform regulation’ makes me so angry. Why is it written in stone that they must wear something as skimpy as possible? Who makes these rules? I can only imagine it’s a committee of dirty old men.

From what I can gather, the men’s ‘uniform’ is shorts - longer shorts than the Norwegian woman were wearing. The whole thing is sexist and it stinks.

:023: Couldn’t agree more if I tried, Sheba!

Hi

A true story.

In the London Olympics things went wrong, seriously wrong.

Boris privatised security, which was a disaster.

Huge amounts of money paid to private sector firms who did not even carry out basic Security Checks on employees.

Rescued at the last minute by calling in all those with a security clearance.

Well Swimmy, that does not surprise me at all :roll:

I like lime green….

…… on other people.:-p
Like I wouldn’t be offended if the men wore lime green bikinis.

Before getting hot under the collar perhaps you should read the official Olympic Beach Volley Ball rules and regulations.

2.1.2 The official men’s uniform for the Olympic Beach Volleyball tournament consists of:

• A TANK TOP and SHORTS
  • Eventual ACCESSORIES

2.1.3 The official women’s uniform for the Olympic Beach Volleyball tournament consists of:

• A TOP and BRIEFS or a ONE PIECE uniforms.
  • Eventual ACCESSORIES

There is no strict requirement for a bikini a one piece uniform is acceptable

These minority sports are always battling for air time and sex sells. Netball went down exactly the same route. it has made them a popular sport and now the uniform is being modified from the original figure hugging one piece.