BBC increases in licence fee

Just as I’m thinking of not paying it at all
Perhaps they can drop paying idiots like Gary Lineker vast sums for talking BS ago save costs

4 Likes

I no longer pay the fine for owning a TV. There is a from where any TV owner can tick boxes and the not pay.

What form is that? Is there a link to it? :eyes:

1 Like

Interesting a form wonder if it leagal but the question being how do they “get us all” if we all refuse to pay they have cut the local radio services in my aread and I now no longer listen it is not local now it sounds like a off shoot of London.

A while back i started monitoring which channels i watched. The main thing i noted was i didnt really watch bbc. I dont do sport, can live without eastenders. I watch corrie and emmerdale then its mostly reruns. So i contacted tv licensing and told them ( after endless searching and asking others) that i didnt need a tv license. I dont watch bbc at all and whilst i miss strictly thats it. I dont miss bbc at all. Maybe its time one of these tv companies,sky etc offered a no bbc package. I would recommend looking at what it is you actually watch on bbc and look at where else you can watch it. Ive had my official conformation from tv licencing now, confirming i dont need a license and it runs for 2 years, unless theyve reason to believe im not being honest they will leave me alone. I honestly cant say it enough, but I really DONT miss the bbc channels. If you do this and you have kids be vigilant, they could click on iplayer etc not thinking.

Read all about it here :point_down:

Telling us you don’t need a TV Licence - TV Licensing ™

2 Likes

Well that rules me out thought it might.

1 Like

Well, it might do IF you tell the truth :man_shrugging: How and who is going to prove your box ticking was a pack of lies?

If your tv is connected to the internet, checking these things is so much easier now and bbc are getting more desperate with the preassure to abolish, so im guessing theyll be trying to rake in as much money now as possible.

My TV is not connected to the internet and also, I watch very little TV other than GBNews and Talk TV. My 4 daughters often bring over recorded DVD’s for us, but again, we seldom watch any unless completely bored.

1 Like

Defo not worth you paying for a licence then.

Thanks. :+1:

I’m in two minds about this, I don’t like some of the BBC’s style but not paying the licence fee would be like cutting off my own nose to spite my face. Some of their radio is superb and all things considered I’d rather have the BBC than not.

1 Like

The trouble is, there’s such a lot of right-wing and anti work attack on the BBC

And obviously the Tories don’t like any broadcaster that might criticise them and would much prefer commercial channels like GB news, content controlled by who’ll advertise with them and biased political opinion plus a chance for Tory cronies to get their snout in the trough

£15 whole pounds a year and their shipping up outrage and threats of control? They just want to starve the BBC of funding

Where’s their outrage and controls over fuel prices?

I hardly watch the BBC, listen to the radio station sometimes

But I still think what you can get from your licence fee makes it the best media deal of all of them

And I’d pay up anyway just because I believe every country should have a public service broadcaster, free of advertising

3 Likes

Just stop paying, when they come to arrest you, just “Escape to the Country” :icon_wink:

1 Like

As I’ve said before, the bbc should introduce a set top box for viewers that wanted to watch bbc programmes and those that don’t would have the channels scrambled , if, say you wanted to watch a program or series, then you can pay per view …

I don’t mind paying .
What I do mind it’s their bias and lies.
They cant even call a bunch of genocidal murderers and rapists and child snatchers terrorists .

I’m sure you know this but here we go anyway

Government ministers, newspaper columnists, ordinary people - they’re all asking why the BBC doesn’t say the Hamas gunmen who carried out appalling atrocities in southern Israel are terrorists.

The answer goes right back to the BBC’s founding principles.

Terrorism is a loaded word, which people use about an outfit they disapprove of morally. It’s simply not the BBC’s job to tell people who to support and who to condemn - who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

We regularly point out that the British and other governments have condemned Hamas as a terrorist organisation, but that’s their business. We also run interviews with guests and quote contributors who describe Hamas as terrorists.

Must have heard that a thousand times now.

And me Kazz, answered yes to most questions. Ruddy annoying as for several years I got it for nothing, then they said pensioners had to pay after all. Most unfair too.

The licence is actually for the receiving equipment and not specifically to watch BBC programmes.