BBC: Antiques Roadshow 4/9/22

It looks like the pandemic’s over, then … the crowds are back for Antiques Roadshow … :mantelpiece_clock:

I should have bought a Rolex all those years ago … :wink:

Changes are still in the offing, though:

The BBC is planning a shake-up of Antiques Roadshow and says it is ‘open to suggestions’ on refreshing the production team - as it warns producers to be mindful of ‘reputational risk’ when discussing the British Empire.

Despite saying there was a ‘commitment to the main series talent’, the corporation said it was ‘open to suggestions’ on refreshing its wider roster to ensure the ‘team continues to evolve in a way that reflects the breadth and diversity of the BBC audience’.

The BBC is expected to keep Fiona Bruce as host, but said it was ‘open to suggestions’ on refreshing its wider roster to ensure the ‘team continues to evolve in a way that reflects the breadth and diversity of the BBC audience’

Antiques Roadshow has previously sparked debate over the way it has dealt with items that are linked to the British Empire.

Over the next two years the budget for the popular show, fronted by Fiona Bruce, is said to be in the region of £5.1million.

IMO, they can get rid of Fiona Bruce - I can’t stand her nasal, patronising voice … :unamused:

2 Likes

It’s a strange old world that views things that were part of our youth as antiques now. :cry:

1 Like

They tell me on the sewing forums that vintage patterns are anything over 10 years old. Fountain pens last slightly longer before they become vintage.

As they say, I have shoes older than that.

I used to watch Antiques Roadshow when I was younger, but now it would just make me feel old. :frowning:

1 Like

yes I catch it occasionally out here in oz or the back end of it and think “is there anywhere still like that in UK anymore”? - tell me there is please please??