Bathsheba's makes

Thanks @Mags, I think these things are always emotional aren’t they? I’ve got plenty of fabric left over so I’m going to make her a little patchwork cushion as well, free of charge to make up for the time this one took me (and the wonky muzzle!!)

1 Like

You are a Star @Bathsheba , Ihad not heard of these memory Bears before , .What a good Idea .
My daughter took 2 of her dads shirts last year in memory of him .

1 Like

Thank you so much Eliza. There are lots of people who make these - if your daughter is interested she could look on Etsy, or just Google memory bears.

I have only just found this thread, but I am in awe of your skills. I can do stuff with gert big lumps of wood, but I can’t stich or sow to save my life.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Fruitcake. And I could not begin to create the amazing things you do with gert big lumps of wood!! I guess we all have our different skills, and I am in awe of yours, and of many others on here :blush:

2 Likes

You certainly have an amazing gift there,Bathsheba.

You are a superb seamstress,if that’s the right word…they all look so professional and perfect!..:heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you so much @pauline3 :blush:

1 Like

I finished this today. It’s a gift for a neighbour who’s recently come home after an 8 month stay in hospital. So pleased for her that she’s home at last!
She’s having several visitors, understandably, and I’m busy for the next couple of days. So we’ve finally settled on Saturday afternoon for a cuppa and catch-up. I hope she likes it!

5 Likes

That’s absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Oh and also, I made my daughter’s neighbour a memory cushion as well. It just felt so wrong and wasteful to throw out all the leftover fabric from the memory bear!

7 Likes

Thanks Fruity, so nice to be appreciated :blush:

That’s beautiful, Sheba…… your neighbour will love it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Mags, I hope you’re right :blush:

What a beautiful gift - she will love it, I am certain!

1 Like

What a lovely idea!

1 Like

Thanks Tabby - can’t wait to give it to her!!

1 Like

Have you ever come across/thought about making activity cushions or blankets. They are a bit like activity bears for kids, and have buttons and pockets and zips and tassels to remind people with dementia how things work, and are very tactile.
Many people with dementia like to simply stroke something furry, whether it be an animal or something person made.

1 Like

Hi
Bathsheba you are truly talented and skilled

1 Like

Oh wow! I have only just come to this thread.

In my young days I sewed for a living but could never sew like this.

Your work is amazing Sheba. x

1 Like

Oh yes, I know the sort of thing you mean Fruity. I have thought about doing those, because I have so many fabric scraps, and it would make such good use of them.

Aw thanks Swimmy, lovely thing to say :blush:

Thanks so much Carol, but I don’t believe you - if you know your way round a sewing machine, and once did it for a living, all of this would be a doddle for you!