Batch Cooking Stewing Steak

Cooking by Photos for a change…kept me focused on the job in hand… :grinning:
Saute the Onion for flavour mainly.

then the stewing steak
Making the Gravy

Slow Cooking for approx 8 hours…
For easy Stews and Steak Pies…

Carton of Wine to the Right… :wine_glass:
I half cut up half the Stewed Steak and that will be around 3 meals.
that sounds like I have already been down the Vins…haha

3 Likes

I can smell that cooking yum now drooling

3 Likes

MMMmmmm, Looks good Dianne!

1 Like

Beat me to it, haha! I couldn’t find a decent one :joy:

2 Likes

crumbs had short hair when I started this thread,and I have got a pair of those style feet thingies…in black from Lidls would you believe £5.00 in the sale whilst living in Bexhill…had a Lidls just nearby in Sidley near the old hi c…hic… Pub…
close but they are brown…

3 Likes

Anyone tried oyster sauce with their beef bourguignon?

delish. :heart_eyes:

I bought some in a proper Chinese supermarket in proper Chinatown, but I’ve just googled and it’s in all the supermarkets.

1 Like

I’m not really a fan of oyster sauce, D00d, so no to that suggestion, sorry. :joy:

Oh, I had no idea someone might not like oyster sauce. I think it’s magical … OK as a subtle additive to already great dishes.

Not really a fan of sauces…soy being the most icky. I just make my own, mostly. But hey, we all have our favourites. :smiley:

I have just finished a portion of beef casserole, done in my slow cooker. Also had cheesy mash, two dumplings and peas. Was lovely.

2 Likes

Today feel like an easy stew…
stew
using the Stewed Steak from the Batch Cooking…also the left over gravy from the slow cooker… I had frozen it as not knowing when I was to use it.
So peeled and cut the Carrots cooked to three quarters done…Will add Peas and Chick Peas also Dumplings once all blubbering away…
Boiled Potatoes to complete the Meal…
Never had a Turnip ever for some reason, but love Parsnips…Roasted though…Apples for… not decided as yet…Been cutting out a lot of Puddings lately…not all :innocent:

3 Likes

we had got tucked in and then realised I had not taken a Photo
…Husband stopped eating as he saw me grab the camera for a random shot…
just laughed, as you can see him pull to the side…still holding his spoon…haha

2 Likes

That looks yummy :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I want it - NOW!!!

2 Likes

yes I’m like that at times…
I relate to this these days…

2 Likes