Barry Island March 2023 -The Dudgies

Nice Fish and Chips in Ynys y Barri.
The Fair was on Casualty on Saturday.

No scenic railway though.

I was a fan of the Ghost Train.
Wouldn’t go home until I’d been on it!
Here’s one I made when we were allowed out.

2 Likes

I don’t remember one at Barry.I recollect the one at Porthcawl.I loved it but in my innocence I didn’t realize it was really there to give couples a chance to have a kiss and a cuddle.

1 Like

It was there in the sixties…:grinning:
Liked the fair in Porthcawl too.

1 Like

I was there on my bike in the 60’s. :grinning:

I knew Barry quite well,my father was a delivery man and I used to help on Saturday morning.

1 Like

I went to Barry once on a day trip with the kids on a boat trip from Weston-super-mare

We had some time on the beach at Barry, then they took us by coach to the funfair

I wasn’t very impressed. The beach was grey and dreary and the funfair run down, rickety and a bit derelict

It doesn’t look as if it’s improved much, but perhaps it has

I remember you bought an all day tickets for the rides and they spent all day going on the water flume ride, which I think is gone now.That would have been back in the 90s

1 Like

The funfair is pretty good these days.
Once they get everything up and running.
March when they are setting up and some of the rides haven’t even arrived isn’t the best time to judge.
The Dudgies have videos of it in Summer.
Of course I remember it as a kid in the sixties…then it was amazing.
Been through several owners and I think it closed at one point.
And nothing from the sixties remains.

1 Like

They don’t have fun fairs at the sea side here.Everyone is too busy being sporty. :unamused:

2 Likes

That’s a shame I like a good funfair. We used to like to go to Carters Steam Fair when it was on in Weston but sadly they’re selling it off now

2 Likes

There is one in Melbourne which is sort of by the sea.

2 Likes

That looks really nice :+1:

I’ve never been.I only ever venture in to watch the cricket :grinning:

2 Likes