Banksy art painted over by Christopher Walken on TV show's set

“We can confirm that the artwork at the end of The Outlaws was an original Banksy, and that Christopher Walken painted over that artwork during the filming of this scene, ultimately destroying it,” a spokesperson for the show said.
The last episode sees his character uncover the Banksy rat and two spray cans behind some wooden boards, and ask his supervisor if he should paint over it.

The probation officer is looking the other way so doesn’t realise it’s a Banksy and tells him all graffiti must be painted over, which he does

• eeeek! :open_mouth:
1 Like

So I guess the wall its painted on is worth even more now ?

I love Banksy

2 Likes

I love Banksy as well! They’ll need to put a fence up around it I think! :smiley:

1 Like

I love it and I bet Banksy would think it’s a hoot. He’s never thought street art should be “precious”

I love Banksy too, we were so lucky we had Dismaland here, it was an experience I’ll never foget.

2 Likes

Lucky you Maree! I would love to see a Banksy in real life :smiley:

1 Like

Living near Bristol seen the Banksy below a number of times. It’s on the side of a building in Park Street.
Been watching outlaws and playing where in Bristol :grinning:

2 Likes

Ooooh how cool! That looks fabulous (and funny!)

1 Like

Some of my photos in Dismaland!

1 Like

Was that in Weston Super Mare? Seem to remember it being there but didn’t go.
Love the pictures by the way :+1:

Is there pics? I don’t see any :frowning:

Sorry, they’re back now, I had to edit, I accidentally included three pictures of my ugly mug!

2 Likes

Oh they are great, Maree! I had to look twice at the seagull one attacking the woman…I swore that was real! :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you xxxx Yes, it was in Weston, not far from me. It was really hard to get in but so worth it

2 Likes

Was it on the Old Tropicana site?
We go to Weston quite often. In laws had a static caravan at Breen when kids were younger so spent a lot of holidays there back in the day. Living near Bristol was easy to get to as well :+1::grinning:

Thought it was @Maree but then I’m an idiot :joy:

1 Like

Ooooer you are in big trouble now! :fist_right: :joy:

1 Like

Yes, it was at the Tropicana,

Banksy said:

Banksy said: “I loved the Tropicana as a kid, so getting to throw these doors open again is a real honour.

“I hope everyone from Weston will take the opportunity to once more stand in a puddle of murky water eating cold chips to the sound of crying children.” !

My great uncle had a bungalow at Brean, one of those down the end by the cafe and the the bird zoo

They are going to use the Tropicana again, we’re getting an oil rig this time!

Oil Rig in the Tropicana!

1 Like

Thank you, wasn’t it clever? It was an amazing day.

2 Likes

I like banksey but never understand why they are worth so much you can’tsell something painted on a public wall

1 Like

I wondered this too Muddy? Does he get any money from this? Who values this art anyway?