Background noise

I hate background noise .
And it’s everywhere it’s in its way taken the place of smoking as a public nuisance and health danger .
If I go to a pub or coffee shop I want to converse , I don’t want to have to shout against some awful crappy Muzak ( it’s never anything good or it’s too loud .
Opinions ?

3 Likes

Totally agree , trying to seperate the music from the narrative , is blooming maddening ,

I agree, as I am a bit deaf hearing conversation over background noise is getting more difficult.

1 Like

It’s my biggest gripe supermarkets and pubs music it’s annoying ….My local B&Q pumps out banal annoying pop, it’s hateful and off putting . What must it must be like to work in it aghhh.

November &December Christmas music pumping out while shopping …endless Slade etc awful awful leaves me wanting to run out screaming . :scream:

I see people walking around in the country with ear buds in listening to music…The constant thump, thump, thump, of the deep base coming from cars stood at traffic lights with some brain dead young spunk staring mindlessly at you out the window…What the hell is the matter with some people today.

1 Like

Oh I agree. I hate Muzak in shops with a passion.

1 Like

I can easily tolerate some background noise, providing it’s below some level, albeit chatter, muzak or general background sounds.

One thing I cannot tolerate is people who decide to have a conversation on their smartphone on hands-free and have it so everyone gets to listen, even if they don’t want to. This also goes with people who want to watch videos on their phone having decided that everyone would like to hear it.

If I had the need to watch something on my phone in a public place, then I would break out my ear buds or earphones so as not to annoy anyone else.

and if you wore your hearing aids, you’d find it’s even worse. They are great at amplifying all the sounds you don’t want to hear.

Well I’d almost be tempted to go TO a pub etc - as with today to ESCAPE from the b****y accursed stinking mindless deadbrained useless and dangerous mongrel DOGS nearby that if anything will drive me to drink ( hence pub? )

Earlier today MUTT #1 was for HOURS incessantly barking & that of course triggers the other nearby S**TS to join in,

Then when I had walked to a nearby neighbour & we were standing talking out on his footpath, he suddenly motioned to me and dammit if there wasn’t another stinking mongrel at my feet - off leash and completely illegal.

After more than 8 EIGHT incidents I’ve been left with injuries that cause me physical pain every day of my life.
So , when this latest 4 legged POS starts one of his BARKING SESSIONS right near and below my lounge window it stresses me BADLY and seriously affects my health.

I absolutely LOATHE these putrid animals and their self serving owners who indulge themselves but leave these foul creatures to wreak misery on others whilst they are at work & so don’t have to put up with this HELL.
And YES they do know but they usually do not care. Unbelievablyt selfish,

It’s 15 minutes past 1 in the morning - pitch black but what do I hear right now - SERIOUSLY ? YUP more 4 legged “background noise”

They are a totally ignored but serious health issue and in time like the 4 legged cigarettes they are - I believe this atttude will reverse as it did with the cigarettes - BUT WHEN??? :angry:

I am a dog lover but find incessant barking intolerable

Record the noise and the time and report to the authorities .

Alternatively move house.

I’ll second that

Why on earth do some people insist on have their speaker phone function on in confined public spaces, trains, shops, cafés etc as if everyone else benefits from hearing their conversation. It’s an infuriating form of background noise :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:!!!

2 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear you are suffering from other peoples thoughtless behaviour.
I am a dog owner and lover, I’d never inflict my dog on others.
He is a quiet boy.

1 Like

It’s not always the dogs fault .
If they are locked up they are sad and lonely and develop the habit of barking .

2 Likes

Yes,whenever I hear barking in the night I feel more sorry for the dog than the neighbours :grinning: