Back on air I hope with photos re microphone

This microphone is designed to be able to turn 30 degrees to the left or right from straight ahead. The issue is/was it all depended on a small screw in the cradle base , now this kept getting loose. Knowing the if one threaded nut can lock another when tightened to it , I wondered if the same would work on a deep embeded metal threaded screw.

Now it just so happens that I had a similar screw that needed to be cut down to size this is what I cut off.

Then made sure the existing screw was tight now a trial fit as it had to be flush with the cradle foot so it fitted into the coldshoe on the camcorder without fouling. Small amount to remove and now fits flush with the craddle base

After a good few movining the microphone each way so far has not loosened up, so hopefully this has done the trick the silver bit is the piece I inserted over the existing screw, Much better now after that small fix

2 Likes

My thought process to a solution

Last night doing a tryout the audio cable from the microphone to the camcorder kept hitting something, creating a clicking sound while on the move. Solving it as the microphone is ultra sensitive made me
put on a thinking cap so to speak. Should a buy a soft foam tube and somhow wrap that around it? could not find what I was after so back to the drawing board.
Stupid me The answer was here in the room at no cost. The stripped out unwanted Peli camera case has very soft foam so why not use that. tried sinking the cable into it and taping up but didn’t work. Me being so thick too ages to come up with the solution below. Remove a bit of pick and pluck foam and push inside the cradle

above the foam behind the cradle to isolate the cable from its surrounding

Cable ties?

Surely that must be some kind of design fault which the manufacturers must have found solution to?

Nothing wrong with what you did (well done for figuring it out) but it shouldn’t really be necessary.

Bruce I tried cable ties but didn’t stop contact to microphone enough.
Dextrous 63 The micropone is super sensetive even picks up the self levelling movement in the camcorder. Of course tthe obvious solution is to use it on the handle and no problem.
I did a bit of studing on how others on youtube used their camcorders and most don’t walk along with them they do static position and just zoom or pan. the ones walking are using something like a go-pro or small compct type cameras

Told you I was stupid, the audio gain on the camcorder was close to max instead of half way up the scale. maybe I am looking for perfection and over worrying ?
Of course I do have alternatives to fall back on .
Final decision ----------- use on the handle and no problems