Back from Corfu hols with covid

That is a good plus about this C-19 and the way it has mutated. Most of the infections these days are fairly easy defeated :+1:

I agree Spitty, I very rarely catch a cold and even less a chest infection. I think Mrs Fox and me will be taking lockdown precautions this winter. I hope Flowerpower and Lion Queen’s niece and family are soon feeling better

1 Like

Have spent most of the day on the bed just resting. I feel like I have been kicked all over by a horse! Sneezing, coughing up nasty stuff and constantly running nose. Hubby is the same but he doesn’t ache like me so we think that is down to the morphine patches he uses for his bad back.

It seems to affect everybody differently as I have several friends who said they had no symptoms but tested positive.

Sounds nasty! I hope you both recover very soon.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((( have gentle hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Same symptoms as you Flowerpower, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, and generally achy
But have just done a covid test and it came back negative
I hope you two begin to feel better soon
 :hugs:

Sorry to hear that OGF. Try another test tomorrow. I am planning to get dressed today and clean sheet the bed now I am not sweating quite so much. Still got very nasty cough but Vhes and pains gone.

How are you feeling today, Flowerpower?

Thanks Silver Tabby. Still positive but feeling better.

My adult son also tested positive but hardly knows he has covid. Amazing considering he had no injections. I have been loads worse than him, as has my husband.

he says it proves his theory that injections do not stop you getting covid and they do not stop you passing it on either.

1 Like

Pleased to hear you’re feeling better @Flowerpower. It sounds as though you’ve really been through the mill with it, though. When we had it last November, apart from a day or two of extreme tiredness, we hardly knew we had it. It really does affect people very differently. Hope you are both fully recovered soon.

1 Like

It might stop the type of Covid?

But that’s always been understood, and is what the Chief Medical Officer and other advisers have always told us - the vaccinations don’t stop you getting Covid and don’t stop you passing it on. But they do reduce drastically the severity of the disease and risk of hospitalisation. So it’s not your son’s ‘theory’, this is widely known.

1 Like

So how come with no injections he has hardly any symptoms and feels pretty good? I keep hearing people saying they are so glad they had the jabs otherwise they would have been very ill indeed but that’s just guesswork. they don’t know that.

1 Like

No-one really knows yet why it affects some people more seriously than others, the same as with many other conditions. But it’s always been common knowledge, and widely broadcast, that vaccinations don’t stop people contracting the disease or passing it on.

We had all our jabs, and both had a very mild dose of Covid later. Yes, we felt that we possibly may have been more seriously affected without the jabs, but of course there was no way we could possibly know this for sure.

1 Like

And for some, the jab itself created a few problems Sheba. Even the BBC are beginning to see the light and are reporting on supposedly rare occurrences. I believe that this is the tip of a very large iceberg and there are many people suffering with long term effects from the vaccines (probably more folk than developed long covid) and can’t prove it to the governments satisfaction.

Yes, I’ve come across these reports. It was bound to happen. We all knew there would likely be risks associated with vaccines, because they were developed so very quickly, without the usual very long timespan to rigorously test them.

But we also all knew there were definitely risks associated with Covid19 itself, especially for certain vulnerable groups. So we all made the decision whether or not to have the vaccinations, based on these risks. The known ones and the unknown ones. No-one could at that point say for sure which decision was the safest one.

1 Like

My daughter’s partner’s Dad was cremated yesterday. He was 62. He had all his jabs but was not well at all after each one. He was taken into hospital where he tested positive for covid and the family were told they didn’t think he would pull through but he did. The third one was the worst and he was hanging off the bed almost unconscious. They took him into hospital and a few days later he passed away. He did have MS but his family are convinced the injections finished him off.

2 Likes

Hubby tested negative today but I am still positive as is son.

I am going out tomorrow.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear of your daughter’s partner’s father Flowerpower. Of course he was already vulnerable, but it does seem as if the vaccines were the final nail, so to speak. Poor chap, too young at 62. My niece has MS also, and has had all the vaccines. Luckily, she didn’t have a bad reaction to them.

We walk such a fine line through life, with so many risks - one step can be right for some, but fatally wrong for others, and no-one has any way of knowing which is the correct step to take at any given time :cry:

Maybe should have had a cruise holiday instead :wink:

But one meets such strange people on cruises, so I’ve heard. :thinking:

1 Like