Audubon Center for Birds of Prey

During a trip to Daytona Beach, Florida, it rained the entire time. So we had to find other means of entertainment, Audubon Center for Birds of Prey was one of these. These people house injured and animals that have become to humanized. These shots tell you it was literally like having them pose in a studio. Incredible experience. I though I should drop a link here for them Plan Your Visit | Audubon Center for Birds of Prey

This poor guy had a birth defect.

6 Likes

It’s so great to see this little guy is being cared for. They’re just so majestic!

That must have been an incredible experience Danny!

You’ve got a brilliant selection of pictures Danny!

Please do keep sharing them

:smiley:

2 Likes

Beware this guy he was the smallest one there. You could hold it in your hand small. American Kestrel

3 Likes

Ahh look at those perfect teeny weeny eyes and that little miniature beak- so cute!!

2 Likes

When we have visited Andorra over the years…such a wild place and full of wild life…Birds, well this a fair bird site to get some idea of the vast amount of species hanging out there…and Europe…

birdsofeurope was the web page I wanted to post but it would not embed

2 Likes

There used to be a Flickr group dedicated to identifying bird pic. They were really helpful in me IDing most of my photos. Not these of course, but any bird i captured anywhere.

1 Like

@Danny … The kestrel is lovely. The colouring is considerably more colourful than the UK kestrels.

Wonderful photographs too.

1 Like

Maybe a babe…like men are also looking soft and err soft, sometimes better as babes then as adults… :wink:…

1 Like

So, is that a juvenile?

1 Like

Yes, but they only get to be about 9 inches long.

1 Like

I do love birds of prey especially the white tailed osprey.

1 Like

Wonderful photos….

1 Like