Attention All You Mucky Pups

Better clean up your car or, it’s an expensive wrist slap. And Yes, it includes me. :astonished: :unamused:

1 Like

I knew someone who’s car was a complete mess. It failed its MOT since the windscreen were heavily stained with cigarette smoke residue!!

2 Likes

I hardly ever go out in my car without deploying the screen washer front and back, also a swift wipe of all the exterior lights too :+1:

3 Likes

How many of you have driven off with your screen still covered with ice/frost, using air friction to clear it within a couple of hundred yards? I know I have at times when I used to work.

That’s very sensible and commendable, LD, and I can only marvel at your ability to be bothered. :astonished:

1 Like

Not since 1991, when I first had a heated windscreen. Since 2001 I’ve had air-conditioning, too.

1 Like

So, yes to before 1991 then?

I was unaware that heated front windscreens were patent protected by Ford for a fair old while which is why they weren’t so readily available in other makes.

Probably … :thinking:

Yep, that sounds like me :see_no_evil:. I am pretty bad at keeping my car clean, but I do keep the windscreen clear, and I know the number plates are both fine, so hopefully I’ll avoid the clean-up police.

Quite right too, slobby lot and it’s dangerous :crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

There is nothing new about being fined for not being able to see clearly from inside your car or your registration number being unable to be read for numerous reasons including being dirty. And for those who clear their windscreens of snow but don’t bother to clear the snow from the car roof, that can also carry a fine.