Astra zeneca and EU?

Shame!! 
BIG PHARMA will be happy to hear that for sure?
The EU has a lot to answer for imo !!

Donkeyman!

Then you must know by now it was political and a dangerous thing to do by the EU, it will cost lives. I had my first jab a month ago second on 24 April can’t wait. Really miss going to the pub.

I totally agree with you Dachs, I’m not an antivaxxer but it is a personal decision based on individual circumstances. And quite frankly, the more pressure and threats they use to get me to have a vaccine, the more I will resist…

EU now talking about a two way road for vaccines saying traffic
must glow both way ??
Have they forgotten. we are supposed to have left their chummy
club?? We owe them nothing !!

Donkeyman!

The Pub lost its relevance four decades ago for me, keep the Jabs coming though, the EU are clots.
.:lol::lol:

Robert Jenrick says that he is confident.
[B][I]
“We’ve built an infrastructure in this country that really is world class, it would enable us to vaccinate even more people than we have done in recent weeks - millions more people,” he said.

“So the more vaccines we can secure, the more jabs can go into people’s arms. But we do have enough supply in sight to continue to meet our obligations.”[/I][/B]

[B][I]
"And, raising the prospect of the UK’s vaccine rollout operating even faster if supplies are boosted, Mr Jenrick added: "We’ll continue to be one, if not the leading, country in the world for the vaccine rollout.

“But if we can secure more supply - [SIZE=“4”]and we’re confident that we will do, incidentally[/SIZE] - in the months ahead, then we can continue to increase the pace, which is critical.”[/I][/B]

Now this might well be bluster in the face of EU vaccine nationalism, but time will tell.

Reported on algerzeera, French foreign minister accuses UK of
vaccine blackmail ???
As usual everything is our fault ?
I suppose some body must get the blame ??
He also seems to know a lot of our affairs as he also claims that
all will be well as we don’t have enough vaccine to camp!ete the
second ?dose programme
For some reason this gives him pleasure ???

Donkeyman!

No problem.
They’re just making fools of themselves, as all will see when the truth comes out.

It’s a bit like waving their white flags. They’re a bit of a joke.

They certainly are and Novavax’s delay in signing a supply deal with the EU shows up the EU’s tactics as well as the global pharma industry’s reaction to their tactics perfectly.
:smiley:

The UK order with Novavax was agreed back in August.
60 million doses please, but only if you make them @Stockton-on-Tees → deal signed.

The EU meanwhile is only just trying to persuade them to supply the EU?
Over half a year later?
And no doubt will be wondering why Novavax is delaying signing a deal with them, which is probably after Novavax seeing how the EU is trying to bully a manufacturer that’s tring its best to ramp up production.

They’ve done that so many times in the recent past, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have any flesh and bones left beyond their collective ankles. :lol:

And that wouldn’t surprise me in the least however, although Novavax, Inc. is an American company that has its HQ in Maryland, it does have a production factory in Sweden according to their website. This would make it rather difficult for them to refuse to sign a contract with the EU IMHO.

Second jab next Tuesday ! Donkey lady too !!

Donkeyman!

Well they can drag their feet, I suppose.
The EU do it, so why not?

Not so, any contract can be refused.
You can’t force two people into signing a contract.
:wink:

In this case though it is apparently because their one EU factory which is in the Czech Republic cannot make enough to meet the EU’s demands.

"Novavax is planning to produce key components of its two-dose vaccines for the EU in several of its factories, it said, including one in the Czech Republic, which makes antigens, the inactivated organisms that trigger an immune response.

The EU official said production capacity at the plant, the only one in the EU, was too small the meet the needs of the 27-nation bloc."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-novavax-exclusi-idUSKBN2BH2GY

According to that though there are eight manufacturing locations globally and we know one is in the UK at Stockton-on-Tees, which has a capacity of about 180 million/year.
The UK has ordered 60 million.
:wink:

Thanks for putting me right Zaphod. :023:

The battle between astra zeneca on the one side and Big Pharma
and EU politicians on the other rumbles on, causing unknown
numbers of people to refuse taking the vaccine and thus putting
themselves at risk of contracting the virus ?
I don’t know what the motives of the EU politicians is, but the case
of Big Pharma is fairly easy to see imo ??
THEIR. PROFITS !!
Which they perceive as being at risk due the AZ Vaccine being
considerably cheaper than their products ??
Hence the clandestine attacks on the AZ safety??
This despite about 20 million doses being administered safely in
UK alone ??

Donkeyman!

It seems AZ are stopping testing the vaccine on young people, but I am going for my second jab on 27th April.
If I end up with a blood clot I will consider myself very unfortunate, but if people refuse to have it & catch Covid , that will be far more likely to kill them.
It will also mean that they could pass it to other unvaccinated people & put everybody through this lock down again!
If we don’t take the opportunities to to reduce this virus, we could end up with another 126, 882 deaths, rather than a possible further 7 deaths if people accept the AZ vaccine.
Lets be fair it is still not clear if they are just a coincidence or a genuine side effect of the vaccine.:!:

I think you made the right decision Twink !!
And your reasons are valid !
The blood clotting issue is a non issue imo as the incidence of
clotting after recieving AZ is actually less than clotting in the
unvaccinated population??
In other words it seems that AZ cures clotting ??
And the theory that women get clots due to the vaccine are also
overstated as taking the contraceptive pill will be more likely to
produce clotting than taking the vaccine ??
And there is no uproar over taking the pill is there?
Once again l think our media is causing much of the exaggerations !!

Donkeyman!

Personally I think that Covid has prevented them from having anything to report… and they don’t want to ,lose their jobs do they? :lol:

Many Covid 19 patients have developed blood clots so the choice is yours. Take the small risk with the vaccine or hope you do not get Covid 19. I took the risk with the vaccine.