Arise Sir Lewis - Hamilton to be knighted

He will be knighted in the queens new year’s honours list for his contributions to f1 and undoubtedly his charities,
About time too.

2 Likes

I’ll never understand why famous people who spend their whole careers doing what they love and making quillions in the process get honoured in such a way, when so many people spend their entire lives doing good works for a pittance and are never recognised.

Take Capt Tom Moore for instance, fought for his country and did great things for charity and took him a hundred years to be knighted, but Hamilton can drive a fast car, Andy Murray can play tennis, Mo Farrah can run fast, Alastair Cook can play cricket etc. etc. spot the difference…

1 Like

Excellent post, Barry!

:023:

I agree. The ‘difference’ is that Hamilton, Murray etc strive for themselves, not for the good of others.

Well said Barry !

Not bad for a lad who doesn’t live in England or pay UK tax

1 Like

And a high percentage of them pay less tax than us ??
AND they dont even reside here WTF does the old duck have to
Knight them??

Donkeyman!

Apparently he’s one of the top 5000 tax payers in the uk as well as paying tax in all the countries he races in ( as he’s working there), he also recognises all the many unsung hero’s like the doctors and nurses,and captain sir Tom Moore yes, he lives in Monaco as do many other racing drivers…

1 Like

far better he lived over here and paid his income tax instead of running away to a tax free haven like the rest do as well.
Got not time for people like that
Any fool can drive fast when there is nop traffic comming the other way and you know the road ahead is clear.

Lets see some racing with a bit of skill when some going one way and others the opposite way. That will sort out good drivers from the bad ones

1 Like

I really don’t know what to say to that…!

Nor me, Primus! :017:

A sort of Russian roulette on four wheels.

I so agree with you, Barry. :023:

I like Lewis Hamilton I’m not a fan of the knighthood system but why not him?.. he pays massive amounts of tax here and he excels at his sport. What’s not to like.

Exactly summer…

I gather he is a supporter of BLM

Sounds like a typical day on Devon’s roads. :lol:

[QUOTE=realspeed;1994688
Any fool can drive fast when there is nop traffic comming the other way and you know the road ahead is clear.
[/QUOTE]

And obviously you can emulate or exceed those fast fools?

As long as David Beckham doesn’t get a knighthood!

1 Like

Or jeremy vine for services to whatever it is??

Donkeyman!