Are you never too old for a costume party?

As the title suggests really…are you (and I hope the consensus is a resounding yes) never too old for a costume party?
We received an invite to just such an event, a rarity (can’t recall the last dress up party I’ve been to) and I got so keen to go I have even been shopping and sewing etc well before the date…
Am I being silly or just go and have fun no matter how ridiculous I end up looking.

ps: have gone with a sort of 50’s look…poker dot dress etc…cute but I’m not convinced…

1 Like

Enjoy it Lucy…I’m on the fence, I went to a costume party once, when I was very young, it was so long ago, I can’t remember what I went as, …post a pic of yourself in your costume, I would love to see you in it.:heartpulse:

1 Like

I’m the same Pauline, can’t for the life of me remember when I last did the costume thing…though fairly sure Halloween in my teens sometime. Not a big thing here so I too have no idea what I went as…most like a sheet with a couple of eye holes lol
Will get a pic up soon…but don’t hold your breath, won’t be anything fancy

1 Like

Does a costume party mean the same as ‘fancy dress’?
Shows how much I know! :roll_eyes:

As you will guess, I am not really a party person, let alone fancy dress, not even when I was younger. I am not keen on packed rooms and loud music and people slowly getting boozed up.

Like everything else in life though, we all enjoy different things, and that is how it should be.
Enjoy your party Lucy.

1 Like

Not really a party person either…unless you count dinner party I suppose.
Prefer a quiet get together or a bbq but this is a special occasion so I guess obliged to make the effort
Oh, and yes costume party=fancy dress

I haven’t done that for donkey’s years but it sounds like fun

Of course you’re not to old, enjoy!

And share photos so we can see how you looked :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Gosh, now I’m feeling under pressure!

I love seeing Cosplay costumes, but would never dress up in them. We have been to several Comi-cons & I loved taking pics of the Cosplayers.

Chewie

Captain Jack.

Toothless.

Star Wars.

Dino. Love the little girl looking up at it’s tail.

1 Like

Never too old to do anything you want to do.

1 Like

I love Chewbacca, one of my favourite sci-fi characters of all time

I completely and utterly agree. I was bound to look ridiculous no matter my age :rofl:

He gave me a hug after I took the pic & he smelt musty. :grinning: Don’t think that costume has ever been cleaned. :grinning:

1 Like

Ewwwwwww…must be a teenage Chewy lol

1 Like

No you are never too old to go to a costume party.
Been a while since I went to one. Have been as an elf and an ugly sister. :grinning:

1 Like

Now there is a look I could pull off without any trouble :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

This is one of the prize givings…

1 Like

Okay wow!..that is creepy!!

1 Like

I think Captain Jack was my favourite, he acted the part & even sounded like him. There were two, one at one Comi-con, in my pic & the other at another Comi-con who was actually Master of Ceremonies & he swore a lot. :grinning:. They were both brilliant.

1 Like

Sure that’s not true. Me however…….:joy:

1 Like

Trust me, no costume required :grimacing: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like