Are you an Organ Donor?

I am a registered Organ Donor.
What ever may be required can be used since I will no longer be requiring them.
Have you ever thought about donating?

1 Like

I am a registered donor but who wants nearly 80 year old organs? It used to be on my driving licence I don’t know why they stopped that.

1 Like

I think we are all potential organ donors now … unless you say no.

You opt out rather than opt in.

I don’t know why they stopped that.

2 Likes

I have been a registered donar for many years but they are all getting a bit old now .

1 Like

[

England

English organ donation law has changed. All adults in England are now considered to have agreed to be an organ donor when they die unless they have recorded a decision not to donate or are in one of the excluded groups.
](Organ donation law in England - NHS Organ Donation)

1 Like

I looked at the link d00d, I didn’t know that, still cant believe they’d want organs from old people, me included, nor from people with serious illnesses. I always thought it was people who were otherwise healthy but died in an accident of some kind.
For years I did carry an organ donors card though.

1 Like

Most of my stuff has worn out, but they could probably still make use of my legs…
Cross Fell

3 Likes

Yes i am,they can have the lot.

1 Like

Foxie , flashing your pins again ! :grinning:

1 Like

That is not the case here but as I understand it the donor register is now nationwide (ie Federal) and you have to be registered via your Medicare card, hence the reason why it is not done via your (state based) driving licence.