Are you a worry wort

Hobbies are so good for you and try and just do things that get you really involved in what your doing…

2 Likes

Looking good though, even better, I think it’s all very clever the way it’s done. Even more so when I recall how you found you had that flair for design, almost totally by accident.
:grinning:

Good grief! Now that’s one way to get rid of the worrybugs! That looks great!

This is what keeps my energy focussed on something positive. I keep my hands busy doing something productive.

Worrying for me became somewhat of an ocd thing :roll_eyes::pleading_face:

If you have a start point, there is nothing to worry about, if you don’t, you are in free fall. :biking_man:

Shame that Biker needed a “Push Off”. :biking_man:

1 Like

‘It’s all in the mind’ as the saying goes. Everything starts and finishes there. ‘How we tick’ is a really fascinating subject, something that we should all learn about I reckon, it would save so many problems for so many people.

2 Likes

I agree and if you treat the mind like it can be changed through practice, the sky’s the limit.

1 Like

I had to teach myself to live one day at a time because I would overthink tomorrow and become fearful of what might happen . Living alone made it worse all the what ifs and how will I etc .

So today I live only, tomorrow isnt here and may not be mine , and yesterday has gone and I cant remember it anyway . Moment by moment, step by step , day by day .:two_hearts:

2 Likes

You Can’t have a positive without a negative, ask Einstein. :biking_man:

1 Like

I’ve always had a bit of a flair for design but it wasn’t until Mart introduced me to xara that I realised I really do have the ability to design and it escalated from there and opened up a new world .

I forgot about my worries and trouble last night in my design mode. So yes, it does help.

1 Like

no of course not…it is getting the balance as right as possible, then we are able to bounce back from life’s ups and downs… :woman_cartwheeling:

That’s known to be a very good way of reducing stress, anxiety and worry, it’s almost impossible to have positive and negative thoughts simultaneously. Keeping your hands busy being productive in the way you describe allows you to think only about that, other thoughts become less. The mind is so very clever in the way it works, if only generally we ‘ordinary mortals’ knew more about this.
:thinking: :grinning:

Have to admit I lost some of my confidence in driving…it hasn’t helped moving to a new area during lockdown…All the roads are new so I’m ever quite sure of the way. I’m making the effort now though to get in the car and drive more

1 Like

Summer, I don’t drive but can relate to trying to navigate a new area. Do you have one of those sat nav things that tell you where you are going, or are they more of a distraction?

Yes I use the satnav most the time …but once I think I know the way I turn it off and use my brain…I remember the way better if I do that. I would really be lost without the satnav though… but it does take me some weird ways sometimes it took me through a farmyard the other day…the farmer was surprised :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha! I bet he was! :astonished:

Yes, I saw the way your flair for design was helped along with what Mart posted on OFF. From there it’s brilliant the way you’ve done all that and progressed in that way. Long may that continue, hopefully it will also help you with defeating your worries and anxiety.

My interest in anything like that comes from a 55-year working life in printing, advertising and publishing. I’ve worked in companies with design studios employing many of the ‘arty’ types. From that I have seen many people who either are or have progressed to being top-class designers, illustrators, cartoonists and other branches of design-based skills. It was an interesting working life that’s for sure, every working day was definitely different.

2 Likes

I left my worries behind me when my ex walked out on me.

1 Like