Are Women Taking Over?

While I was on my walk this arvo I go past the local sports ovals. On a Saturday the grounds are in use all day but a Womans’ Footie league match was on as I wandered through, I think it was the under 19s game, there were two games in progress so four teams.

My daughter wanted to play NRL but when she was at school women could only play footie until they were 12 so she ended up taking up soccer, but she would have loved to play rugby league. How times have changed.

The Womens’ State of Origin game (NSW v QLD) was played in Canberra and even my son said it was a really good game

Some of those tackles would make your eyes water.

Even the AFL (Aussie Rules) is now expanding their womens’ teams and they are becoming more popular to watch with full stadiums.

I did laugh about hearing an F Bomb being dropped live on air during the Womans’ State of Origin game.

Tonegato, who chased down a grubber kick to score, was asked by Channel 9’s Emma Lawrence what she made of the opening 40 minutes as she walked from the field.

“It was good out there,” she said.

“Heaps of fun, glad to be out here. But yeah, it’s f**ing tough out there — oh sht, sorry. I’m just so in the game.”

Lawrence chuckled and gave a wry smile and viewers couldn’t get enough of Tonegato’s slip of the tongue.

Women definitely play soccer better than men but I wonder if the other sports are being taken over by women?

BTW I love the way when anybody drops the F Bomb on TV they immediately say, “Oh Sh*t, sorry…”

i do agree with ladies/girls sport, but now they are always in on the commentar at mens games on tv, i dont doubt that these girls know more about the game than most men …but, i think they should use their expertrize to the womens game…

1 Like

Not in F1 !

1 Like

This must be an European thing

Women sports in North America are still behind in viewership versus men’s

Certainly behind in football (soccer) in Europe and in cricket and probably some other sports.

2 Likes

It was not always so in the UK. At one time, women’s football was more popular than men’s, with more spectators watching the former each week than the latter.
Then the FA, who owned all the official football grounds decided to ban women from playing football, and that was that.
It’s taken decades for women football players to claw back what they once had.

3 Likes

What are Ladies up to?

I thought it was men from 1863 but I don’t know for sure.

A woman ,Christina Willes ,is reputed to have invented overarm bowling in cricket.

2 Likes

I thought this was just the BBC. They couldn’t afford the premier league men’s games but the women’s broadcast was available at a discount so they started streaming women’s footie all the time instead.

This is only because they cannot drive fast and aggressive enough. Susie Wolff was the last female driver to compete in an official F1 session at the 2015 British Grand Prix in first practice, but not being in contention for a race seat meant she retired and moved into team management.

It might have been Suzie that i heard being interviewed, the interviewer asked if she had any tips for all drivers and she smiled and said “brake shoes cost less than clutch plates” up till then in normal diving i let the engine slow me down, and only used the brakes to stop, i hope you understand what i mean…lol… but now i use the brakes…

I know exactly what you mean Crabby, but despite that I always go down the gears when slowing down and use the brakes sparingly. It’s nice to know that the brakes will still be in good order when I need them in an emergency and not worn out.

Women are taking over more than sports…I think we have let the Genie out of the bottle when we gave them the vote…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

I agree with most women getting the vote but cant believe some guys have that right…
my gran was a sufragette and always wore a badge, i cant remamber the three colours that signified suffrage… they sent for the police to eject her from a bar in Hamilton when she went in and demanded they serve her…lol… and [this one is unbelievable] two policemen demanded she put out a cigarette she was smoking in the street… those were the days lads

1 Like

Green,White and Purple Crabby.
purple for dignity and loyalty,white for purity and green for hope.

and they were giants everyone, this is why i get annoyed everytime i here a lass saying she cant be bothered to vote… women got put in jail to get them that vote and lots of them went on hungersrike and were force-fed… can we even imagine what that entailed, a tube forced down your throat, then todays girls just cant be bothered…
it is my opinion the vote is so prescious that if they dont use it they should lose it…

1 Like

Could not agree more Crabby.
Even if i dont like what party or who is standing i vote for someone out of appreciation for the suffragettes and what they did for women to have the opportunity to be able to vote. Todays young women can be very selfish,me,myself,i spring to mind.

Well some women are trying to look like blokes, for some reason :icon_wink:

And, some blokes are trying to look like women???

1 Like

Lola!!!