Are the Conservatives keeping their election promises?

Hi

They cannot, no Political Party could.

We have Covid, a complete Game Changer.

3 Likes

I did not know this about the UK. You Really do expect politicians to keep promises. I gave up on that idea when the elections went from being dignified to being reality shows(bad ones).

3 Likes

They are not real promises although that’s what the Media like the BBC would have you believe. Manifestos are just statements of what the parties hope to achieve it they are elected to government. The parties cannot know whether they will have the means to follow through until they see the books. Anyone who thinks they are promises must extremely foolish.

1 Like

The lies on Boris’ Battle bus “We send the EU £350 million a week - let’s fund our NHS instead” - was SO obvious I don’t know how anyone voted for him! He just cannot recognise truth from lie…and besides that, the common people don’t matter enough for him to bother with the truth! We need to get rid of him soonest!

At least, deja Vu was ended, for a while. :biking_man:

I think the Tories have given the NHS far, far more than that £350million/week in extra funds since then Lindyloo.

1 Like

So why are the NHS having such a hard time? Why didn’t we have enough PPE? Why are waiting lists so long? The Tories came close to privatising the NHS pre-Covid - I don’t see any reinstatement. The Nightingale hospitals were fully functional - are they ready to use again?

Our Louisa Jordan hospital isn’t being used as anything as far as I know. It was last used on 31 March this year, before being turned into a vaccination clinic. The last vaccination clinic was in July this year. So nice to know its sitting there ready for…whenever, eh? :roll_eyes:

I think our Nightingale Hospitals were stripped of equipment (I wonder who’s profited from that!!) and are being used for something else…though it would be good to be proved wrong on that!
I don’t know how Scotland has been getting on with vaccinations - but we seem to have gone from top of the heap to bottom! We should have vaccinated the children far far earlier…AND found a way of persuading the anti-vaxxers to be jabbed…Vaccination Passports for entry into pubs, restaurants, every indoor function!

1 Like

Oh we have the vaccination passports, much to the disgust of the younger people. It applies to all mass gatherings over x thousand people. I think we are on track with vaccinations but a few ( hundred thousand) are still dragging their feet. A surge in schoolkids getting the virus has resulted in many schools struggling to keep classes ongoing. Its a nightmare across the board, frankly.

I have had to get a vaccination passport although not needed in England. Going to Cardiff in November to see the Offspring, passports are required in Wales for those type of events. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good for you! :+1: I’m not against the passport idea, although it’ll be an entire month on Sundays before I’m ever in need of one for going to “an event”. I can’t even go up the high street on a saturday afternoon! :joy:

1 Like

I think vaccination passports are a good incentive for getting non-deciders to get vaccinated. It cannot surely be left to people’s so-called “good nature” to vaccinate, wear a mask etc etc to protect others - because those people really, really, don’t care about anyone other than themselves.

There is nowt like a crisis to negate election promises.

The problem with the conservatives is that they are not a conservative party any more.

Is it time for “New” Conservatives?

It’s time for a deep and radical rethink about the way our group of four nations are run, because there is something radically wrong with the way everything is now!

1 Like

Yes, it is strange how the pie is being divided.

1 Like

As of 2019, during the previous 9 years of Conservative government. Over half of all magistrates courts were closed in England & Wales. And this is the party that likes to call it’s self the party of law & order!

Between 2010 & 2019. 162 of the 323 magistrates courts in England and Wales were shut. A loss of 50.2%. If we then include crown courts, county courts and tribunals, since 2010 more than 250 have ceased operating.

Under the Tory, Lib Dem coalition government, 6000 prison staff were cut.

In 2019 the national annual survey of nurses showed that between 30 & 50% intended to leave the profession. Depending upon trust, area of nursing etc. Of 1742 Nurses, who replied to a survey about their last shift. Nearly two thirds were demoralised & of those the survey showed they were 5 times more likely to be demoralised, if they felt unable to provide adequate care. A similar level of dissatisfaction existed where nursing staff felt unsupported by management.

The conservatives are a disaster. I cancelled my membership last week because I’m sick to death of the single agenda Richmond Green Party screwing everything up.