Apparently, it's the next big thing. What is the metaverse?

Very true - nor on the majority of social media platforms :wink:

You know that and so do I but some these days behave and expect there to be no consequences for anything, ā€œI want, I have, I takeā€ and no bothering about any consequences. That is what I was actually meaning. To me that word ā€˜metaverseā€™ is just that, another word but one that means nothing to me at all. Perhaps those my age thought that about the ā€˜internetā€™, all new to them at that time?
:thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

Well, you could have fooled me! One on my granddaughters, now 20, has endured so much obviously completely unmoderated abuse, she has deleted her FB & Tw accounts. She now relies on zoom type connections to her already established friends and several of those have also deleted their FB & Tw accounts for the same reasons.

Wiki can be ā€˜adjustedā€™ by anyone logged-in, so I take most Wiki entries with a pinch of well iodised salt.

Moderated doesnā€™t mean that everyone will be happy with the level of moderation. But they are definitely moderated. If they werenā€™t, Twitter and Facebook couldnā€™t kick Donald Trump off. And Reddit couldnā€™t close subs that went against policy.

FB did absolutely sod-all for my granddaughter despite repeated complaints (is it called flagging?), so she happily left and closed her membership.

People leave forums every day with the same complaint so not so different.

2 Likes

@butterscotch , So just like taking LSD then ???
Everybody swanning around in paradise ??
The politicians can get away with even more then canā€™t they ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

I think forums are definitely a form of social media. And I suppose those that have virtual pubs, chat rooms and group events are a primitive metaverse

2 Likes

And they have the same problems as Facebook and Twitter sometimes, with bullying, abuse and poor moderation

2 Likes