Anything Food Related

Dinner on Sundays if often a Roast…Yorkshire Puddings a must have…But just lately they have come out of the oven like flying sauces…and then a miracle happened…just look at ‘‘my’’ Short very Video I took last Sunday…

Hey Husband…you don’t have a beard… :woman_shrugging:

:icon_lol: :rofl:
gerry pic

ha ha tis you my man… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been there! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

1 Like

right this is a proper French Apple Tart…
you can use ordinary short crust pastry home or bought what ever suits…I make a Pate Brisee…tis sticky to work and puts peeps off making it…just dig in with it and flour it well, show who is the Boss…
approx 140 g PlainFlour
115 g Butter - cubed
1 teaspoon Caster Sugar
1 smallish Egg
half Tablespoon Water
pinch of Salt
usual way of making Pastry with egg added at end and handle as little as Possible…Sticky Fingers…oh yes
Leave in a Ball to Rest for 1 Hour approx
Apples - 2 Cooking or Green Ones
peeled cored and chopped add to that in a Saucepan Butter 15 g , 75 g of Sugar…slowly bring to the boil stirring, best in a non stick pan.
10 mins roughly until they are really soft and mushy
Topping…
2/3 dessert Apples - peeled cored and then sliced
have ready
1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon of Sugar…any types
5 tablespoons of Apricot Jam - warmed through…microwave it…easy
1 tablespoon of Icing Sugar
Roll out pastry if you don’t have ready made etc.
Carefully place in any suitable Pie Dish…Scalloped Edged ideal
Mushy apples mix in the dish first then add the lemon juice to the Sliced apples and mix it…arrange around and over the mushy Mixture add the Sugar and Cook in Oven say around 180 C(depends on your fan speeds really if in doubt lower is better)
30/40 mins until you have Golden Pastry and not Burnt Apple Slices… :relieved:
Warm the Jam. Goes over the Sliced Apples and Sprinkle with the Icing Sugar…
…They say Grill it for a few minutes but I cannot trust myself not to burn it so I leave it as it is…one of those little scorchers would be good to have for this kind of finish…
…Leave to Cool before you struggle to remove a slice from the Pie Dish.
…Very Tasty with some Cream.
Once you make it a few times it become really straightforward to make.
frecnh apples tart

1 Like

3 Likes

Join the Club… :innocent:

1 Like

I sometimes watch food related videos and today I saw this … looked a good idea. What do you think?

If you can’t be bothered to watch the ten minute video, I’ll tell you it’s basically 3 eggs, 2 cans of tuna, 1 onion, 1 spoon of flour, mixed together, made into half a dozen cakes and fried.

1 Like

I am watching it because I can be bothered… :icon_lol:
I like the little whisk used…boing boing…that is the kind of Knife Husbands uses for chopping as well…less chance of loosing the top of your fingers I feel…peppers now…chop chop…mixing it all together…can do this with others bases …like sausage meat even…all tasty patties at the end. You can pick a base as a start off and add these others ingredients that make this a tasty meal…add a salad as well and some crusty bread hey presto a full on meal…
no comment of the grater of finger tips… :woman_shrugging:
The Fire is a Good Back Drop…Sizzlers in on quite a high heat now…soon turn them over as well…yummy, mouth watering time.
Pasta added think I will stick with the Salad though.
It’s a big Yes from Me.

Yeah, I’d go for that d00d. A quick fix and you could add whatever else you fancied to tart it up a little.

Tis not A Tart…tis Patties… :smirk:
maybe you are haha

1 Like

Nah… although my middle name is Pattie, isn’t life strange :sunglasses::lying_face:

1 Like

I was just viewing your fab u los mapping prog…I lived next door to Pebsham Farm…not now a farm not now anything but a business park no longer a leafy lane a nightmare rat run… nothing good left of where we lived and loved our home called Pebbles… left England for good because of planning acceptance to destroy people’s living conditions and for what…ask Worssham his farm avoided being taken over with housing…his land was a Farm called Pebsham as I said…but ok he gradually turned it into a Business Park…did he have planning permission…appartently NO…but years he ran these business’s taken down farm structures ancient Walls were removed and he did get away with it all…He had a mobile Mask installed on the farmland within our view…the plans were for aTelephone Mast in the shape of a huge Tree…is that what we got…NO…we got an ordinary huge mast…but he did tell us he knew nothing about that happening…like he does not receive a small income from it…I can say he was quite friendly and when he got turned down for his Industrial estate goings on he said he would take this further and hope the locals affected by all the extra goings on would be for him…
He decided to have a meeting with us locals ans said it will give you a chance to see my new Factory and what plans I will make to improve your outlook views…this is long winded …sorry so via /Chilliboots mapping prog.Pebsham Farm is called Pepplesham Farm…that is first news to me…
and it this is not Food lol…but he did appeal the Council decision which was to put back all alterations that we had changed…
But no he took the Council on and Won the day…tis a booksworth more but we were out of that most ideal location for us…speedy fast double quick…1200 houses around us…no thank you very mucho

2 Likes

leftover boiled potatoes, chopped.
chilli flakes

2 Likes

Sounds good, deffo the chilli flakes and some garlic!

2 Likes

Not long winded at all :slightly_smiling_face:
Yep, the south east is getting more and more crowded and built upon. It pains me to say it but I can’t wait to leave and head for the hills. I want somewhere better for my son’s future where he can breathe :+1:

1 Like

It did come to blow as my fuse takes and takes and when it goes I don’t come down until I can act…
People along the Pebsham Lane had countryside views …vast views that they all enjoyed, seeing nature happening before their eyes…so there gardens at the back were in a real perfect location and ours was also idyllic…ok the odd Cow got in our garden but thats quite normal is it not>?
These houses I am talking of with people enjoying the quiet life. What occurred.
They decided to build a Road through the land to hook up with Sidley near by village…They decided that these people had it too good for to long…So they built around 100 new houses at the end of their Gardens. They are now in an Estate…no views no wildlife no peace.
tip of the iceberg…and then…

Oh, and, mustn’t forget this

1 Like

:fire_extinguisher: