Anyone wear a Fitbit?

Looking at getting a Fitbit. Want to see how much exercise and calories burned when on the allotment and dog walking. And going up and down my stairs. Interested in the Sense 2, as it seems to have what I want/need.

About 4 years ago I used to walk a lot and had a small machine that you just clipped on the inside of your trousers or shorts, that used to count your steps, and I was able to do 10,000 steps in one day, probably do only half of that amount these days.

1 Like

My main gripe with the Fitbits I’ve had in the past is that I had problems with charging them - a common problem seemed to be that the small charging terminals on the back of the watch did not connect very easily to the charging pins on the charger - it was very poorly designed and I often found I had to keep re-positioning the watch in the charger before a connection was made for charging to start. Also, the small gold spots which were the charging terminals on the watch often had to be cleaned before the watch would charge - and they were easily damaged or worn away by the charging pins they connected to on the battery charger.

The earlier FitBit 2 was a bit better than the later model I had. My last one was a Fitbit3 - two of the three little gold coloured charging spots on the back of the watch got completely worn away after a year and the watch battery wouldn’t charge. I found Reviews showing this was a common design fault, so I emailed the company to complain, as it was still under guarantee. They sent me a new watch straightaway - but the replacement only lasted a year before the same thing happened to that, despite me taking great care to avoid damage to the terminals.
By then, the guarantee had run out, so I gave it up as a bad job and swore I would never buy another FitBit.
I do miss my Fitbit, though - apart from the poor design of the charging pins and terminals, I had no other fault to find with it and it was useful and easy to use.

Maybe the new models of Fitbits have finally resolved the old common problem that previous models had - I haven’t looked at the newer models - but if I was you I’d look carefully at how the watch connects to the charger and also check consumer reviews and troubleshooting questions online, to see if there is many reports of charging problems or any other commonly occurring faults with the FitBit model you are thinking of buying.

1 Like

Good advice, Boot. Thanks for that info. Yes, I will look into the reviews, maybe on Amazon. They do still connect magnetically, it seems. I looked at the user manual this morning.

Susie, I used to wear one of those but I want all the apps that the Fitbit offers.

I wear an apple watch which is simple to charge and interacts with my iphone

1 Like

No Fitbit but a Bitfat