Anyone thought about emigrating elsewhere?

My husband would never move from Yorkshire, have to admit I was in Canada a few years ago and I was impressed. Maybe if I had visited there when the kids were young I might have persuaded him to move there, doubt it though.

Hi

I would love to live in Poland in the summer, in Piotrkow.

Beautiful town, very historic, very warm and sunny in summer, a bit like the Darling Buds of May.

Fantastic fishing and countryside, beavers, deer everywhere.

Out in the forests, wild boar etc.

Old fashioned seasons, winter, spring, summer and autumn.

Lovely people, ridiculously cheap but you would not want to spend winter there, far too cold.

Winter I would love to spend in Swansea, lovely part of the world.

If money was no problem I’d divide my year between Africa, Singapore, various parts of South America and Europe. All for very different reasons, but since I’m not in a “money no object” situation and since I’m happy where I am, that will do for me.

I have often thought of buying an apartment in Canberra to be near my kids and one in Darwin to get way from the southern winter but I fear I have left my run too late. I am stuck on the south coast.

How about a long term rent for the winter months? There are many pensioners from UK, and no doubt other parts of Europe, who come over and stay in hotels for 3 months in the winter. They say it´s cheaper than paying heating costs in the UK.

I don’t find it that warm in Spain in winter especially as many of the places are full of tiles not cosy !

No, I’d rather buy; Darwin is a bargain at the moment with the mining boom over. Canberra much less so. The problem is that I like where I live and I travel so much that I am not home that often. Buying two apartments would mean two places that are only used for two or three months of the year and I don’t know anybody in Darwin at all.

I suspect I will continue doing what I do which is try to avoid being home in the winter - anything below 15°C is too cold for me.

A tad warmer than Manchester.
I think you’ve been spoilt…with all your warm winters:-p

I often wonder how many Brits would like to move abroad but don’t because they would be leaving their families behind.

I’ll be going shortly…I’m ordering a brand new bluewater sailing yacht from France…with the money i’ve just ordered.

A lot I suspect Longdogs. i have told both my kids though not to consider me if they want to move, have to admit I am not confident for the future of the UK, especially for grandkids.

I never know if you’re joking or being serious Tpin, if you’re serious can I come with you? :smiley:

Let’s just see if the counterfeit money arrives…I’ve ordered £2m for just £109.99.

Ok fingers crossed:)

It can be very cold here in winter, especially the nights. The tiles are lovely in the summer but in the winter out come the big rugs. Many people have fireplaces, log burners or central heating, we just have central heating, we got rid of the log burner. Frost and snow are rare in this area, although we have occasionally had frost and a day´s snow here too this year.

I suspect you are right Tpin
I would like to spend winter in Belize a country I loved but it’s too far away too full of things that bite severely and worse you have to spend a night in the States to get there .

Plus you might get some free holidays. :lol:

tell me about it…especially the women:lol:

Now you´re beginning to sound like my son who loved his two tours of duty in Belize. I´ve heard all about a very large lady who sits outside a certain establishment ! :lol:

Belize is the most beautiful country a nature lovers delight full of the most exotic animals and with an amazing culture .
And wonderful white sand Keyes
Unfortunately it’s also attractive for drug runners and several of Americas most wanted too .