Anyone have an account with British Gas?

My gas supply is supplied by British Gas. Earlier in the month they contacted me to inform me that they are migrating to a new system but I didn’t need to do anything except to download a new app because the old one would no longer work.
At the time I was £239 in credit. After the switch I was £239 in debt :open_mouth:
I contacted them and they assured me they would look into the problem.
Today I checked my accounts and I’m now £622 in debt. :weary:
If you are with BG check their website and make sure they haven’t done the same to you.
I’ve found the actual meter reading on the day of the switch but it’s mysteriously jumped up by a massive amount on the same day.

I’m not with them but just wanted to say how worrying for you . I hate all this app nonsense and call centres . Hope you get it sorted

1 Like

Thanks Susan that’s very kind of you. Hopefully I’ll be able to get them to see the error of their ways.
How long that takes is another matter though. :weary:
For people who are struggling financially this could push them over the edge, especially if they’re not internet savvy so they can’t check.
I’m sure they’ll be many people who don’t question things and just pay their bills. From a company the size of BG this is a very poor show indeed and I shall let them know it.

1 Like

I’m with British Gas, and yes I got an email about this migrating lark but all seems to be fine.

(off to see if I’m getting ripped off)

2 Likes