Anybody else got Covid?

Had a few really rough days, sore throat, very bad cough, stiff neck, streaming nose, loss of appetite. So tired as well. Tested today and it is covid.

I guess you can pick it up anywhere as we don’t have to social distance any more. Hope it’s gone in a few days.

2 Likes

Sorry about that Rose. I had a really bad experience with Covid from November until just before Christmas. Couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep, etc. The sickness itself was bad enough and then I developed a chest infection/bronchitis which needed antibiotics. I still cough on and off but that’s after more than a month. There is a very nasty strain around.

I hope you feel better soon. Have lots of soup and make sure you stay hydrated. I was getting through gallons of water every day.

2 Likes

Hope you’re on the mend and it hasn’t persisted.

I had Covid, two years ago?? Gad, how time flies and it has had long lasting effects on me–breathing in particular. Seems to have kicked in the arthritis as well. ARRRGHHH

2 Likes

So sorry to hear you have to cope with the Covid invader, @RoseRed .

I’ve been fortunate enough to stay clear over the past years since it reared its ugly head. So many of my friends have caught it, but I am happy to say they have recovered fully, with no ill effects. Hoping you will have the same happy ending to this.

1 Like

Hope that everyone is better soon, we haven’t had it, but we don’t go anywhere much.

1 Like

Tonight I am having a horrid feeling that I may have contracted Covid again - I must buy a Lateral Flow Self-Test kit tomorrow to be sure but the symptoms I’ve had for the last 48 hours seem depressingly familiar.

It has taken me nearly 4 years to feel almost fully recovered from the 1st bad bout of it - and I had a brief re-infection 2 years ago but by then I had been immunised by vaccinations and my previous infection, so my symptoms were mild.

It has taken all these years to recover from all the long-term post-Covid health issues from the first infection but I finally felt fit enough to go back to the gym a couple of weeks ago, to try to regain a bit of my former cardio fitness and muscle tone - I will be gutted if I have picked up Covid again and have to stay at home again for another week or so - I am keeping my fingers crossed it is just a cold and sore throat / cough :crossed_fingers:
Fingers crossed my Covid test will be negative - but either way, I am determined to get back to the gym as soon as I can and pick up my exercise routine again, by hook or by crook.

2 Likes

I’m still doing Boris’s routine, singing happy birthday to myself whilst washing my hands and keeping two metres away in shop queues, don’t need no government advice. :laughing:

1 Like

I now have Shingles! I have never had so many ailments as the last year!

Oh thats a rough trot RoseRed.

Unfortunately shingles tends to be like that - flares up when you are run down from recovering from something else.

Hope you don’t have Covid. Like you, I had a very long recovery period. And I had had 5 vaccines when I caught it. I’m guessing if I hadn’t had the vaccines, I wouldn’t be sitting here typing this response. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind reply @Summerdancing
I’m sorry to hear you had a bad time with Covid too.

I’m glad to say that the virus I caught was not Covid - at least, the lateral flow test I did was negative.
As the virus progressed, my symptoms seemed more like those of the common cold, though the feverish shivering, muscle pains and feeling weak etc felt more like flu - I think it just hit me hard because my immune system hasn’t had to deal with common colds for over 4 years!
Hopefully, it will be better prepared for the next one!

I’ve had Covid and it’s awful…even after vaccines. Just glad I had them otherwise I probably wouldn’t be sitting here typing this.

Hope you’re feeling better and are on the mend. So many nasty viruses out there.

Only a Fool breaks the two metre rule.

I had Covid in 2022 and its lucky I didn’t get it in 2020 as I ended up in the ICU on 70% oxygen. Had I got it before the vaccine and the knowledge the NHS acquired over the previous years I would have probably been a goner.

I had Covid in 2022 January, and after three jabs
and one Booster. Luckily it was just like annoying
cold symptoms, but at the time tested positive for
a full 10 days.

I had covid in 2020 and didn’t require hospitalization but thought I was going to die, it was like the worst bout of flu I’ve ever had, probably due to my age and previous heart attacks.
I didn’t have any jabs, and still haven’t. I caught covid again in 2023 (it came up positive on the test) but it lasted just two days and was no more serious than a cold…Bodies make their own vaccines if you survive…