Any Surveyors / Builders on Here ? Help Needed Please

Yeah I’ll give it a look to tonight and see if I’m getting better results.

Thanks again for your help

If it get’s worse, I’ll deny all knowledge :wink:

Todays reading are 11.1% around a small area and 7.1% everywhere else.

The chest pains have eased already :lol:

3 Likes

Updates yet @Bread ?

The numbers ate looking good now.

7.7% everywhere except two small places where I’m getting readings of 11%. Those are when I take readings in the old adhesive so i think I ok now.

Again eternal gratitude for the advise and support.

1 Like

Off to mothercare to buy a couple of tiny T shirts then @Bread :wink:

Ha ha !

I wish someone would explain that to Marge. She doesn’t believe me and leaves the door and windows open!

1 Like

I agree. When we had a serious leak in the loft several years ago, our insurers (who were very good about it) arranged for industrial dehumidifiers and large fans.

I don’t know if it has been mentioned yet, but before anyone comes I should hide the dehumidifier or even take it to a friend’s house.

Well, the new Lino is down and the bathroom smells free of damp again.

We will see how it goes … hopefully thats the last of that drama.

2 Likes

watch out for any damp patches on the ceiling below. A dead giveaway there was a leak above, so paint it over if necessary

Make that lad of yours pee outside and swill him down with a hose until the house changes hands. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. Not quite so easy to explain why there’s a T Shirt pinned to the ceiling. :wink:

Thankfully there is no damage to the ceilings but we have had them painted about a month ago to freshen them up before we sold the house.

I swear, the house doesn’t want us to leave. Yesterday I ripped out a load of dodgy electrical wiring from the loft (which a builder installed years ago as a loft light that never worked properly) and re-routed the remaining mess through proper boxes to make them safe. After I had done it the upstairs middle floor lights didn’t work but the top floor and bottom floor did. After a lot of head scratching and a bit of help from my friend (electrician) we eventually traced the fault back to a faulty circuit breaker in the consumer unit.

I’m a man on the edge I tell you :lol:

A man virgin " on the edge," how novel is that

I just looked up the 5 most stressful list of life events… look you are number 3 :slight_smile:

• Death of a loved one
  • Divorce
  • Moving house
  • Major illness or injury
  • Job loss

@summer my mum died 3 months ago and this will be house number 2 I’ve sold in 3 months. My mums (mine now) is also on the market with a viewing on Friday.

My divorce came through in December 2020 after 8 years of dragging things through the courts so its all been a bit stressful :lol:

Heck Bread you are really going through it…hope Friday goes well for you…heres a hug :058:

1 Like

so sorry to read about you mum passing away I know what it is like believe me. you will never forget, I often think of my parents 35 or so years on. Divorce I no nothing about but it must be a tough to go through. To add to that selling a house with those looking and no intent to buy makes things worse. been there many times even backing out when time to exchange contracts as happened to us .

when it is all over go have a pint and a short holiday break you need it

You know what @realspeed I might just do that. I haven’t had a holiday (or more than a long weekend) off for about 8 years. There’s always something work-wise I need to do.

Thanks for the tip :slight_smile: