Any Surveyors / Builders on Here ? Help Needed Please

It might help if you’re honest with surveyer when they come and tell them what happened.
I’m sure they’ve seen it happen before and I’m pretty sure that in many cases they could tell.

1 Like

Thought that too!!

Anyway, hope it works for you @Bread . Can always ebay it afterwards to offset the cost.

I’m OK with that too but I want the damp to be gone preferably. We already bought the buyers a new fridge freezer because ours broke so its not as if we are being deceitful or hiding anything, I just don’t want a load of questions 4 days before completion and the chain breaking.

Ha ha, no but I don’t hang around. Just a quick dash over to Argos and back.

1 Like

I’ll hang on to it, there may be someone in future urgently needing it so I can hand it out whenever. It was only £120 anyway :slight_smile:

OK. Good luck with the survey, the inevitable frustration waiting for the call from the solicitor and the move itself. Stressful couple of days.

Depending upon how wet it is and how long it takes to dry out thoroughly, you might not have much choice.

Moisture meter is saying 18% - 21% around the bath where the flood was so I’ll give it another couple of days before the carpet fitters get here and see how it gets on.

The rest of the floor (about 3/4 of it) is reading under the target range of 6-10%.

Wouldn’t worry too much. Pretty sure that surveyors will accept variations in a known damp zone.

Doubt that the sort of levels you’ll get down to would suggest sodden with ongoing leak problem.

1 Like

Hope you are not being too hard on your son… I bet he is less that popular right now :slight_smile:

Nah its all good Summer we just laughed. He is in final year of his law degree so I have to be careful what I say ha ha

1 Like

Very wise :man_student:

1 Like

A quick update…

The dehumidifier has been on constantly through the night and now the bathroom floor is measuring 13%-14.9%, down from18%-21% !!!

So I will leave it on until tomorrow evening where is should be in the desired <10% range.

Thanks to all for your help

1 Like

Impressive @Bread.

Would have thought that it would have dropped to your preferred level well in time for the survey anyway. But for peace of mind, can’t fault your decision to add mechanical means :wink:

Edit - what does the rest of the floor read?

@Dextrous63 the rest of the floor is consistent at 7.1% - 7.7% so not long to go.

1 Like

If, by sheer bad luck, it’s still a tad high, throw a damp T-shirt on it and apologise for not tidying up in readiness for his/her visit :wink:

1 Like

Todays update …

Charlie left the bathroom door open for about an hour last night but that shouldn’t have mattered too much.

The readings are now down to 13.8% and 14.1% - only in once small area now where the worst of the flooding happened.

I’ll give it 24 hours more with the dehumidifier and see if I can get it down to <10%

1 Like

Might be worth blowing a fan towards that area to add to circulation and thus give the dehumidifier something to pick up other than ambient air, if you get my meaning. Doesn’t need to be a hot fan, as you’re just trying to shift moist air away to be dried up by your machine.

On it !

Can’t do any harm, anyway!

Knew that time I spent on the, ahem, “other forum” might have rubbed something useful onto me. :wink: