Any street art in your vicinity?

Out walking this morning and came across these three

5 Likes

Yep, a nice little cat on a footbridge over the train tracks.
The rest of the bridge is devoid of any other art, it’s moggie’s bridge! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

this is a mural painted on side wall in Ennis county clare which is close by me

a laneway in the same town

4 Likes

There’s some fantastic artwork on display, some real undiscovered talent, just scribbles of nonsense round here. Bloody hooligans!.. :009:
I bet you get some good stuff around London Chilli, we should ask d00d to go and photograph some…

2 Likes

Yep, d00d’d be the fella for that.:+1:
Bristol is a terrific place for street art, the sheer scale of some of it on tall buildings is staggering!
I took my son to see it when he was little during a day trip when Crawley Town FC were playing away against The Gas. The street art was infinitely more interesting than the game as I recall :disappointed:

4 Likes

It’s gone corporate … big business now.

3 Likes

Not far from us

5 Likes

Brilliant Maree… :astonished:

New Holland Honey Eater

2 Likes

Well, Bristol is the home city of Banksy - there is some great street art but unfortunately also a lot of mindless “tagging”

3 Likes

No thank goodness, they are the quickest way to make a place into a slum area. Just compare property prices near to and some miles away is a good indication

2 Likes

Yes, I was chatting to one of the locals about that. I’d like to get back and visit the Bristol area at some point, perhaps for a long weekend.

1 Like

I’ve noticed … a blank wall can attract mindless tagging, if it’s covered with fine art the mindless taggers leave it alone.

1 Like

Near where I used to court my Lovely Cousin.

Did you spot the moo-cow?

This one is clever.

On the same pub wall.

Banksy in Bristol.

DSCN28831

4 Likes

Really love the Banksy stuff Fruitcake…
:+1:

2 Likes

Oh crap, you’ve just outed me!

I took the first piccy from the top deck of a tour bus. The second one was harder to find but is near the Aardman Animation orifices which are near the SS Great Britain.

2 Likes

I think I need to spend a weekend in Bristol. I’ve been to many places as a courier, but a delivery to a sweat shop on the outskirts (pun intended) was the nearest I got . Strangely enough, it was in a predominantly black area, but when I entered the factory it was full of white folk… :017:

2 Likes

Some great art there.
Street art brings the surroundings to life.

1 Like

A few more from Weston-super-Mud and environs.

The tiger is just a few paces from the oriental lady.

This one is on the High Street.

On the old road out of town.

2 Likes

There is always something to see and do in Brizzle.

This is a different kind of street art on the wall of the Eye Hospital.

2 Likes