Another voice reason

I thought I had already posted this in here, but I must have forgot to submit. Anyway, for those who like poets in general, this from Benjy should be shown all over the world.

2 Likes

If you wear a white poppy on Remembrance Day the UK it upsets a lot of people who think you’re disrespecting the fallen. Not true of course, but I’m not sure it’s in the spirit of wearing a peace symbol to hurt and upset people and cause confrontation?

I love the idea and would like to wear one, but I’m not sure

2 Likes

The Truth . Well said . White poppy of peace , im going to get one

2 Likes

Well said indeed. I’m going to get one too, but I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to wear it in the run up to Remembrance Sunday :fearful:

“one combat veteran who served in Afghanistan, colonel Richard Kemp said it was “indoctrinating children with a leftwing political agenda.”

Here’s the organisation he’s talking about, it looks as if you can buy a pack of 5

I very much like this white poppy. I’ve refused to wear a red poppy for decades now. That is not a disrespect of our fallen soldiers, sailors and airmen. This is primarily because I dislike the militarisation of society such as exists in the US - and seems to be building here. There it has become a military-industrial propaganda machine. And, note, not wearing a poppy is not the same as not giving to charities that support ex-servicemen. But it is about not glorifying the military. It is, for me, about quiet, hidden, small respect for individuals.