Another trick to stop voters

Honestly believe the mob should sort this civil service nonsense out but they do not seem to care. They need to generate more revenue somehow for the Treasury, I guess.

I’ve always thought introducing the need for photo ID was a Conservative trick to stop the poorest and most socially excluded voting, as they were more likely to vote Labour

It’s a bit rich to do that, and then try to blame civil servants at the passport office. Some of the lowest paid civil servants, the ones who do the passport issuing are on minimum wage and haven’t had a pay rise that kept up with inflation for years

It’s a complete myth that all civil servants have it cushy, the ones at the top and in management, maybe, those at the bottom, no. I can well understand why they’re striking

People who can afford passports and to travel abroad are more likely to have other photo ID, like driving licences?

And you can use out if date photo ID anyway, so people could just hold off renewing and use their old passport

You can use your bus pass too

I’d be more worried if the people who issue the voter authority certificates for people who have no other photo ID were striking, but as they’re l more likely to be poor or socially excluded that probably wouldn’t bother the Mail

Sounds like a typical Daily Mail right wing anti striker article to me

I haven’t got a passport, can’t drive and too young for a bus pass so this is how I’m going to vote:

I have photo ID, but wasn’t going to vote anyway. :grin:

1 Like

On Monday I voted in next Saturday’s state election, the girl asked my name, address and date of birth, ticked me off the list and gave me my ballot papers.

No ID required, I don’t see why any is needed.