Another price increase

I was in the post office today, and learned that postage stamps are going up yet again next Monday, 4th.

Second class will be 68p, and 1st class are going up by a whopping 10p - to 95p !!!

No wonder so many people send emails and e.cards these days.
It comes to something when the stamp costs more to buy than the card does!

1 Like

I might have to start using those penny blacks from my collection soon, since they’ll be less value that modern day stamps.

Yes this is why some dont buy or post cards now they say happy birthday etc on Facebook for free with bright happy free pics .

I picked up a birthday card for grandaughter the other day went to pay and was asked for £4.50 I refused it . To have posted that would have cost over £5 in total . Instead I gave the extra £5 to grandaughter in a cheaper and as pretty card by hand .

5 Likes

It’s a shame really because cards are often quite beautiful and more meaningful ( at least to me ) and I have to say I keep them .
Must get around to throwing some out though .

3 Likes

Yes, I do agree with you Muddy.
I would much sooner receive a proper card through the post for my birthday than an e.card, and as you say, we can keep special ones then, too.
It is just going to be so expensive to send multiple cards, like at Christmas though.

2 Likes

My Christmas list is getting shorter all the time Mups .

1 Like

Yes, sadly I think it does as we get older.

1 Like

That is ridiculous! 95p to post a letter in such a small country. That is nearly $2.

As a pensioner I get 50 concession postage stamps a year at 65c each (32p) but even if I paid full price it is only $1.10 (55p) to send a letter anywhere in Australia.

Write to your MP. (or stick to email)

Actually I think the concession stamps might be 60c each but I can’t remember exactly

1 Like

They get all their post buck shee so probaby haven’t even noticed .

1 Like

Weirdly I noticed today when I went to the post office to buy a book of a dozen stamps that they now also sell them in books of 16.

Always been 6 or a dozen up to now, I think.

What is worse is… because Royal Mail have now changed the postage stamps by adding a barcode to them, the old style stamps are only valid to use until January next year.

After lots of complaints, they are offering to take back the old stamps. The trouble is, this can’t be done via the Post Office counter, you have to get a special form and post them back to the Royal Mail.
I have two books of second class stamps, so l will be exchanging mine as l don’t want to be lumbered with books of expensive, obsolete postage stamps.

I’d sooner receive an email that says something than a card that doesn’t.

An email could say I can’t be arsed to buy a card !

4 Likes

An email is more likely to include tit-bits of news/gossip.

Hi

Wage Costs are rising, we knew they would as an outcome of Brexit.

Boris was all in favour of it, a higher wage economy.

Fuel Costs are also rising.

Why are we surprised?

1 Like

@swimfeeders ,Yes. we are all in favour of a high wage economy Swimmy!
But we forgot we have to do something meaningful for the system
to work ??
Donkeyman! :-1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::-1:

Like what ?

. … deleted . .

Hang on a mo, you’ve lost me . . . what’s that got to do with postage stamps? :thinking:

Hi

It really is very simple and was very well publicised.

Stop importing cheap labour and pay our own more.

We have been very good at that but pushing costs up has pushed prices up as well.

Add on fuel costs and this is what we voted for.

Get over it.