Animals in war

With all this terrible goings on in Gaza those I am most sorry for are the innocent animals fought up in this human tragedy .
Animals in these countries are ill treated enough at the best of times .
How they are now goodness only knows .
There was a heart breaking video showing a seriously injured donkey lying in the rubble . These are true innocents .

Yes, awful. But not just in war. I spent a few months in Turkey. The cattle were butcherer in the street. It was a regular event Not very pleasant.

I have lived in the middle and far east for many years and in other places .
Nearly all are sad places for animals
A nation is judged on its treatment of animals .
Yet the people coming into our country now will change this .
We are known for our love and care of animals .
The vast majority of people from third world countries have a totally difference or rather indifference to the suffering of animals .
I don’t want our country to change soppy we might be it’s better than cruelty .

1 Like

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about your history. I spent a lot of time in Taiwan and there was a particular lime of the year where they slaughtered dogs. While I was there the chief engineer had two dogs, Chows they were. It that time of year he had to keep them in doors in case they got nicked.

Theres ill treatment of animals in this country by english , not just in foreign countries .

I witnessed a cruel act towards a dog by the owner who was a woman , I repeatedly told her to stop hurting it , the dog was squealing in pain . I was begging her , but all she would say was it had to learn . I finished up standing there crying , it was only then that she stopped, and said maybe she had gone to far .Yes I said you have .

It took me months to put it out of my mind , but I still think of the pain and fear in that dog’s eyes .
She was a complete stranger , if I had known who she was I would have reported her .

Yes I know there are cruel people everywhere .
But we are still generally the least cruel of people , wherever you go in the world are Brits volunteering in animal shelters and rescuing dogs.
It’s the way we are.
I hope that there is someone looking after these animals in the war zones but I doubt it .

Animal cruelty is everywhere .
War can only make life and death doubly worse for man and beasts.

I don’t believe that is the case, particularly for the UK.

With particular regard to the U.K. Don’t believe it if you don’t want to … it’s entirely up to you.
However I suggest you read what the RSPCA say about alarming increase in animal cruelty.

The RSPC is a much operation compared to others.