Animal Experiments - again

I know some people agree, while others don’t, but I really do find it so heartbreakingly sad when some animals spend their entire life shut in laboratories, never knowing a homelife or love.
They are there for a purpose, and nothing more.

I have just read today about the Scientists cutting off frogs legs to see if they can get them to regrow.
Yes, I do understand how it could be a God send to humans, like soldiers for example, who lose a limb in battle, but that does not stop me having empathy for the animals suffering though.

They cut their legs off, treat it stump with a cocktail of 5 drugs, then are finding that within 18 months, a leg has regrown.
Now a Professor in Massachusetts says - “We’ll be testing how this treatment could apply to mammals next.”

How can these people be so devoid of emotion, to be able to cut a dog or cat or sheep’s healthy leg off, purely as an experiment?
I honestly wouldn’t want that person coming home and curling up with me at night because I would be worried how his mind worked and why he lacked compassion. It would give me the willies, almost like sleeping with a murderer.

I know others won’t agree with me, but that is how I’d feel and can’t help that.

2 Likes

I agree Mups have you read The Plague Dogs ?

Trouble is we are all implicated by association, many have probably unwittingly received treatments tried and tested on creatures we consider nutrition, at the extreme.

1 Like

No I haven’t, Muddy.
Will look it up.

It’s by Richard Adams the man who wrote Watership Down.

No. You know me, Muddy. Any animal experiments break my heart, enrage me, and cause me to think it is the greatest condemnation upon man.

I suffer over this, Spitfire.