Angry about hedges!

Either speak to them and ask them what they want doing with the cuttings, or drop a note through their doors.

Think that slinging them back over the fence is more likely to antagonise them. No need to add to any disharmony.

I must say I thought the same as you Takahashi. In fact I thought we had to return them to whoever owned them, else it can be construed as theft?

I have just done the same here actually, but only with a small amount of greenery, so if I don’t post any more you will know it is because I have been arrested! :slight_smile:

Incidentally, I did pop a note through the man’s door asking if he could possibly cut his greenery down a bit, or would he mind if I did, wrote my phone number on the note, but he totally ignored me, so that is why I cut it myself.
I can’t afford to have skips or pay people to take it away, especially when it’s not even my shrubbery!

Could you post a better picture of the plant in the foreground of picture number 5. The one with the clump of ivy in the background. It looks like it may be Japanese Knot Weed. In which case the neighbours have a big problem!

What a lovely garden :smiley:

That plant is on the op’s side of the fence.

Commiserations Tessa :slight_smile: I not only have my neighbour’s Leylandii hedge at the bottom of my garden that I trim myself most of the time with difficulty, (he does the top once a year) but also a dirty word in my house bamboo :twisted:

I moved my raised beds away from the fence and laid a lined gravel path to avoid the bamboo but it still manages to break through in places :twisted:.

My neighbour has his shed next to the bamboo and I am told he has just had to replace the shed floor because the bamboo had pushed up the floor :shock: ‘the biter bit’ :mrgreen:

Bamboo can be a real pain if no effort has been made to contain its root system.

Indeed, the Japanese used bamboo in a particularly nasty way as a means of torture. They’d cut it down and tie someone down on top of the stems. Bamboo stops at nothing and would, over a relatively short period grow through the person being tortured.

Ah I thought it was growing through the fence.
In either case it could be a problem.

Yep. A surveyor spotted some in the garden of my parent’s house when we were selling it. Cost us a few thousand to have it treated and we had to drop £90k in the selling price.

Fortunately, it had caused no structural problems.

You had to drop 90k … please tell me that was a typo.

Sorry. Was £60k. Had to pay £90k capital gains tax though :frowning:

TessA, get a pet Panda.:-):wink:

Nope it’s my plum tree! :lol:
If it was knotweed I’d move it close to the hedge! :wink:

I wish I could Spitty! I’d have something to cuddle up to!

Poink!
First one for a while! :lol:

I’m going to leave it all until the surveyor comes, then if he doesn’t do anything constructive I’ll email the council. Apparently they sent someone out to tell my bamboo neighbour off about a rose growing over into the neighbour’s on the other side.

I was thinking of sending a letter to the people at the back but Google maps tells me it’s either number 7,26,28 or 29!

How about writing a letter, making a paper plane out of it and throwing it over the fence? ;-):lol:

How about having a walk round there and having a look?

[/B]

If you are using Google maps and you know the road name you should be able to use Google Earth, part of Google maps, and find the number on the front of the house in question that way. :wink: :slight_smile:

I did that one Christmas when sending out cards and I had lost the address of someone I know. Soon found it that way, I knew the road but couldn’t recall the number, there it was on the front door – brilliant! :slight_smile:

What a good idea! I think a banner slung over the fence, saying " cut your *#@¿ hedge" would work if I could reach!