Angela Rayner demands answers from Boris Johnson over alleged 'Sexist of the Year' award at lockdown-busting Downing Street event

Angela Rayner has written to Boris Johnson demanding answers over reports that a ‘Sexist of the Year’ award was handed out at a lockdown-busting Christmas party in Number 10.

Labour’s deputy leader has called on the prime minister to confirm whether or not the award was presented at a gathering in Downing Street in December 2020, as originally reported in the Sunday Times.

In a letter, Ms Rayner says if such a presentation did take place, the government must release information stating who gave out the award, who was nominated for it and why, and who was presented with the prize.

“It has already been established that there were a number of events in Downing Street that were illegal under the lockdown rules in place at the time, but this raises further questions about the conduct of senior political figures during the course of these events that deserve an urgent response from you,” the letter states.

It continues: "You have claimed on the record this week that there is “no place” for sexism in politics, and yet there are now serious and credible allegations in the Sunday Times that sexist behaviour has not only taken place in your own office but has been celebrated and rewarded.

"You are ultimately responsible for the culture and activity that takes place within Downing Street under your administration.

"If true, these allegations are not only at odds with your professed opposition to sexism but set a terrible example and must result in further action.

“Please could you confirm what action will now be taken? Given the seriousness of the new revelations in today’s Sunday Times and the serious matters and questions arising, I look forward to your speedy response.”

BJ’s responses are never speedy - they are, invariably, tardy and far removed from the truth … :roll_eyes:

Oh Gawd . . do we have to have two threads about the same woman and her sexism thoughts?

4 Likes

I wonder what choice word will come out of Angela Rayner’s potty mouth this time?
She called Boris Johnson ‘scum’ the last time.

I’ve called BJ much worse than that - he brings out the toilet-tongue in me … :019:

Wow, He’s really got to you. I’d say that’s unhealthy.
Maybe, you need to let go of the hatred you have for him.

5 Likes

I don’t hate BJ - I just find his sort contemptible and irrelevant while he is self-centred, self-serving, greedy and incompetent … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi

I do not like Boris, I have better things to do with my life than thinking about him everyday.

Angela Raynor is not a favourite of mine, however it is her job as Deputy Leader of the Opposition, to speak out against the Government.

I do not like the present Government, I would like to see a new Cabinet.

I would not, at the moment, like a Labour Government.

The idiots are waiting in the wings , Labour needs a good clearout.

Another irrelevant story…when will the labour party talk about policy or actually anything relevant …doubtless the press will have a field day with this one too…while Rome burns

2 Likes

Hi

What is apparent is that the leaks are from the inside of Government.

In reality they are from a person or persons who are out to get Boris.

If they are from a single source it would not be difficult for Boris to identify them in a process of simple elimination.

Who was at all these events with a camera phone?

This is not Rocket Science.

It is then a real issue as more than one person is leaking damaging information to the Media.

Boris is in trouble, there is a Tory Plot to remove him.

Boris was a Brexit Troubleshooter, in business, Troubleshooters tend to move on once the job is done.

That reminds me of this Pink Floyd track