Anatomy of a Scandal

Thanks, looks good, available on Netflix here, will be watching.

We are currently on the last episode of “Rebellion” about the birth of the IRA … hmmm

1 Like

Bruce, l have been waiting for this new series to start on Netflix. It stars Sienna Miller and has had great reviews so far.
I must check as l know it was due to show here, this month.

After competing my viewing of the compelling and rewarding “Il Processo” (The Trial) on Netflix, I was prompted by a promo to check out “Anatomy of a Scandal” - the reviews, in general, are mixed and, seemingly, mostly poor:

Anatomie eines Skandals (TV Mini Series 2022) - Anatomie eines Skandals (TV Mini Series 2022) - User Reviews - IMDb

So I won’t be watching it.

We enjoyed that!

Take no notice on Rotten Tomatoes, I’ve just watch the first two episodes, and @Bruce is right. Most enjoyable, very well done.

1 Like

It’s on my watchlist but it’s too late now to start the series because I’ll want to watch all in one go and it’s back to work tomorrow

There are other indifferent reviews :lol:

There are, of course, many positive reviews but they indicate to me that the series is structured as a pot-boiler, not a format I appreciate and one which I leave for others.

Only seen two & half episodes out of six, only clicked on your Guardian link above. (I don’t think america gets it somehow).

This splashy, trashy drama, deals with politicians who believe themselves to be above the law, and the blind privilege of the ultra-wealthy. It is a twisty, slippery thing …

… says the guardian, giving it 2 out of 5. Hey relax, it’s entertainment, even if it portrays something remarkably close to the Bullingdon Club and our current shower in power. Don’t get hot under the collar.

1 Like

Calm down yourself … :wink:

You are going to watch it now! Good man, you’ll enjoy it.

I do believe there is some kind of perverse bitching going down at the Guardian. I would have expected 5 out of 5 from them for emphasising the Bullingham mentality at 10 right now.

Anyway, no matter what Rebecca Nicholson may say, I bet all at York Way are glued to it.

It’s gripping .

2 Likes

I had watched three episodes over 3 nights and thought it was ok… but episode 4 for me, changed things and l had to watch the rest in one go. I loved the unexpected twist, it really took it to another level.
I’m not sure why Sophie (Sienna Millar) reminded me of Carrie Johnson, it was probably just the hair!!

Overall, I thought it was stylish and the acting was good, especially Michelle Dockery who played Kate Woodcroft, the relentless lawyer.

I think that how it struck me, it just seemed to get better and better as the different threads in the plot , which seemed so obscure and unrelated at first, were drawn together.

Bruce, I think it proves that it’s best to watch the series yourself and make up your own mind, rather than be influenced by ‘critics’ who have their own agenda.

Yes it was good, but …

I can think of a better end twist, like losing QC meets arrogant MP down dark alley and twists his goolies. MPs wife giving knowing/deserving look as credits roll.

Personally I rarely read reviews and on the rare occasion I do it is usually after watching to see if they agree with my opinion.

Come to think of it even a poor first episode doesn’t necessarily stop me watching because the first episode is usually concerned with setting the scene and introducing the characters so can appear a bit slow. However I have given up on a series after the second episode.

Giving up in the first episode is usually only because the style and content do not appeal to me at all.

Ha! You should elect to be a co-writer for the next season of this series!
I read there were going to be more seasons but involving other controversies and different characters.

1 Like

I’m the same. If the first episode doesn’t grip me, l tend to give up on it. Then l will see a thread on here about it, or my sister says it’s good and so l give it another go!

I suppose, it’s a bit like, don’t judge a book by its cover!!

1 Like

This is so good I watched it again yesterday it’s still on Netflix .
Alas it does reflect some of our present government .