An over dominant

Person…as in their personality…how would you deal with them?

I would arrange for them to have a little “accident”. :smirk:

2 Likes

with humility and kindness and concern

1 Like

Firmness and assertiveness thrown in.:wink:

[quote=“pauline3, post:4, topic:80756”]
Firmness and assertiveness thrown in
[/quote]d

sometimes backfires at the start?

So you would attempt to dominate them?

1 Like

Someone can only be dominating if someone else is, relatively speaking, a shrinking violet.

1 Like

Not necessarily…as in an over dominant parent…I wouldn’t call a child who is learning to communicate a shrinking violet…the parents are the voice of authority…as in they are dominant…also bosses, some can be over bearing with their dominance…

but is being assertive and firm the same as being -over dominate?

If you feel you are being over dominated, I wouldn’t take the softly ,softly approach…I would be upfront with them, explain what I feel they are doing, if they didn’t recognise their dominance, then I’d have to walk away and think on it…you can’t force another to see what I see,:blush:

Who are you talking about l wonder ??:grin:
Is it anyone l know??:thinking::thinking:

Donkeyman! :hugs::hugs:

My son told me I was very dominating…it took me a long time to see it…thankfully I woke up to it.

We have spoken in great depth about it… sometimes “ignorance” has a huge hold over one, it did me.

I believe ignorance can be educated.

1 Like

In which case, you have answered your own question.

Ie - if appropriate, talk to them about your own perspective. Enlighten them, since they might not even know.

I wanted to see how others would deal with over dominant people…that’s why I asked,:wink:

Some very interesting replies so far…:slightly_smiling_face:

A generic question will usually get a generic answer. Specific cases may well involve a specific approach.

I didn’t find my question generic…also the replies were insightful,with depth and far from generic.

It is generic. My reply was thus generic. You then cited specific examples which required diffrerent analyses.

We’re not in school…people can answer how they choose…you are answering as a teacher,imo…, …I’m not…I’m answering as I choose to …if I cited specific examples, then we are free to answer as we choose…anyway I’m not quarrelling over it…but can make my point,which I just did.

We are free to answer as we choose…I like that.:pray:…not how I think you are trying to tell me to…with respect,:pray:

In other words we aren’t in a classroom.

Indeed. As am I.