An OLD old member

Thanks everyone, Will be back after FT my son and d-I-l.

1 Like

I keep trying to put the first chapter up in here but it keeps telling me to add at least one tag. Never had this trouble before on anything I belong to can someone explain.

1 Like

Hello Maywalk,
Just not worry about what tag as we have helpers that will place it in the right section, it is a slight issue still with the Forum set up…
choose Chat, I think it is the easy option.
Photos can be easy once you know how!
right I’ll pick a photo off the internet…
I did and it stated it was no able to do that one…so I’ll choose another website photo

that once I clicked right and then clicked copy link address…
Just before that I opened the photo larger by just double left clicking it and then it opened up, enabling me to do the copy link address.
That will seem complicated until you have practiced a few times…trial and error…the site is good that way you can try and then if it does not work it’s not posted until you press the reply button…
Good Luck…take it slow and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Thanks Dianne I have tried that but nothing happening.
I will try once more and as you say try again in the chat section to see if that comes up the same.

1 Like

@Maywalk , let it flow.

1 Like

So you hit the New Thread …
Then you choose a section as in your story maybe Books…
then the next line it asks for more, choose one of the chatssay dicussions…that can be altered by the helpers…then copy and paste your story from where you have saved it…

1 Like

I have put the first chapter up in Chat Dianne. I kept trying the books and discussion tags but got no luck so I will leave it now for Admn to sort.

2 Likes

Ok… that’s a good start Maywalk…had not looked about yet, multi tasking as usual… will go and search that out…
I would be allowed to move it but, likely it would end up in the lost and found section…haha

2 Likes

It is posted in the Announcements and Forum Help pages…somebody will move it for you sometime soon…maybe tomorrow maybe earlier …
will have a read later and look forward to it as well…

1 Like

@Maywalk have moved your chapter to here

Hope that’s ok

4 Likes

Thanks Chillie6.
That was where I was trying to put it but it just would not take it.

3 Likes

You are more than welcome :+1:

2 Likes

Just read your story … … I’d love to read the rest very soon

Tell us more about life 90 years ago please

1 Like

There will be more to come from my old friend and I’m sure she will share once she has settled back in here again👍

2 Likes

I have put another chapter up but unfortunately once again I could not get it in the correct section so tried I tried “chat” .

1 Like

I have moved it to the same place as the first chapter now. However because the titles of the two chapters are different they do not appear in the same thread.
I think the two need to be amalgamated together.
I’m guessing you would like to have the chapters running consecutively in the same thread? :slightly_smiling_face:
https://forum.over50schat.com/t/yesterdays-child-chapter-2-the-tuppenny-rush/86767

Yes please Chillie6 but I am blowed if I can do it. I will try again tomorrow with the third chapter to see if this old brain can get the hang of this. Thanks

1 Like

@Maywalk with your permission I will rename ‘Yesterday’s Child Chapter 1 ……’ to simply ‘Yesterday’s Child’

Now I can’t edit any of your posts, so you will have to do the next steps.

Edit your first post in the thread containing chapter 1 Yesterdays child

So that the line ‘My Early Child Hood’ reads ‘Chapter 1 My Early Child Hood’

Then for chapter 2 go to the thread holding it

https://forum.over50schat.com/t/yesterdays-child-chapter-2-the-tuppenny-rush/86767

Edit the line ‘Tuppenny Rush’ to read ‘Chapter 2 Tuppenny Rush’
Now copy the whole of chapter 2 and paste it into a reply box in the thread holding chapter 1.

When you have done this let me know and I will amend the title and get the redundant thread closed

Hope that makes some sense. If you are still struggling with this let me know and I will see if I can get admin to do the necessary edits :grinning::+1:

I think its edited now with a bit of luck Chillie6. Many thanks for the help.

1 Like

@Maywalk yes it seems to have edited ok. The chapters are now in the one thread.
I’ve updated the title as discussed. This is the new link

I’ll see about getting the thread re chapter 2 deleted :slightly_smiling_face::+1: