An OLD old member

popping in to say Hello to everyone.

I see a section has been put up about LIFE and thought I would let you know a bit about mine.
I was born in 1930 during the Great Depression and through no fault of my parents I was put into a so called Sisters-of-Mercy home at the age of 6months.
I was finally reunited with my family in 1936 after being illtreated by these so called angels of mercy and I still bear the scars at the age of 91.
If anyone is interested in living history I would be quite happy to relate how I made it through the war years.

6 Likes

My goodness … and what a surprise!

Hello Maywalk …it’s great to see you here.

1 Like

I’m relatively new here compared to you.
I for one would be interested in hearing your story. And I’m sure many others would too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello Maywalk, a warm welcome back to the new Over 50s Chat forum. What a lovely surprise to see you back here.

We have many more new members here who would (I’m sure) love to read your living history. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello Maywalk from a relative youngster of 72. :wave:

Maywalk…I recognise your name…I’m sure we said hello when you were in hospital a wee while ago? I could be wrong, but I hope you are keeping well regardless. I would love to hear about your life…at 91 I’m sure you have some amazing stories to tell! :smiley:

1 Like

Hiya Maisie and hello to my old friend from so far back I can barely remember Freeserve/Wanadoo Seniors. Wowee, I do hope you are still fleet of mind and writing. I thoroughly enjoyed all of your writing and long may you continue :+1:

1 Like

Hi May, I would love to hear your story, nice to have you here

Many thanks for the replies folks and if there is anywhere to put the chapters up of the book I wrote about the first 20 years of my life I will be happy to put a chapter up each day to give folks some idea of what life was like over 90 years ago.
12 chapters in the book but all proceeds after printing costs taken out has gone to my local children’s hospice. It was written 16 years ago and I am happy to say that it has helped to buy a lot of special equipment for these children who don’t have a chance to live as long as me.
If I can get the hang of how to put a photo up with each chapter I will.
Many true tales to tell that can take the reader up to the 50s but still more after it all to do with how life has changed over the years.

6 Likes

There is a ‘book’ section and maybe you would like to put some of your chapters in there.

Latest Books topics - Over 50s Chat

1 Like

Will do and thanks

1 Like

Hello Maywalker :grinning: welcome back…

2 Likes

Absolutely yes from me Maywalker!

1 Like

Yes thanks May that would be very interesting.

1 Like

Hello Maywalk
I for one would be very interested to read about your early life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone, Will be back after FT my son and d-I-l.

1 Like

I keep trying to put the first chapter up in here but it keeps telling me to add at least one tag. Never had this trouble before on anything I belong to can someone explain.

1 Like

Hello Maywalk,
Just not worry about what tag as we have helpers that will place it in the right section, it is a slight issue still with the Forum set up…
choose Chat, I think it is the easy option.
Photos can be easy once you know how!
right I’ll pick a photo off the internet…
I did and it stated it was no able to do that one…so I’ll choose another website photo

that once I clicked right and then clicked copy link address…
Just before that I opened the photo larger by just double left clicking it and then it opened up, enabling me to do the copy link address.
That will seem complicated until you have practiced a few times…trial and error…the site is good that way you can try and then if it does not work it’s not posted until you press the reply button…
Good Luck…take it slow and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Thanks Dianne I have tried that but nothing happening.
I will try once more and as you say try again in the chat section to see if that comes up the same.

1 Like

@Maywalk , let it flow.

1 Like